Helped someone out and finally getting the hang of VCDS...a bit :)

slydog18

N88GGY S3
Reaction score
Must say that I think I will register my genuine cable with Ross tech at some point as I helped a friend of ALi150 by recoding his A3 8P that has retroffited Xenons and stop them flashing like mental :) Was a bit nervous as didnt really know what I was doing but after seeing a thread, using the long coding, it was a doddle. Guy was chuffed, gave me a bit of beer money and even text me the next day to say thanks again.

Oh....and also I did manage to recode my remotes and turn off the Auto-lock at speed feature on my S3 8L now :)

Helping others and learning as you do it is awesome, and the thanks the next day makes it worth it!
Beer money helps pay for the initial outlay too, and stops the dealers from robbing people!
I must say though, I'd be lost on about 30% of the work I have done if it wasnt for Rosstech's support. They always reply real fast to any issues, and there suggestions on how to progress with the work are always spot on!
NHN is also very helpfull, although rushed off his feet still finds time to help out!

Just remember, if your not sure, ask first!