Turning off washer level warning A3 2005

@udi A3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.immotec.co.uk
Wondered if anyone has successfully coded DIS without the washer warning flashing up, the one you normally ground a pin out to stop?

The car is an auto tdi, today I coded in the recently fitted MFSW + DIS.
old CH 17 coding : 0002443
New CH 17 Coding: 0000443

xxx?xxx did not have a zero option in VCDS coding helper, google search suggested this and it worked to activate the fuel computer.

Its been suggested in another thread that the A4 rosstech wiki for cars 06 and newer works for the A3 06 and newer.
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/72636-low-washer-level-warning.html

• 00xxxx?: Options II
    • 1 = Standard (< 11/2006)
    • 4 = Washer Fluid Warning inactive (11/2006 >)
    • 8 = Washer Fluid Warning active (11/2006 >)

Im unable to try this today myself, but to save the grounding out job, is anyone able to confirm this will shut off the washer warning if the last digit is changed to 4?

Thanks , Tom

NHN,
The current coding is 0000443
I cant subtract 4 from 00 can i?
Audi A3 (8P) Instrument Cluster - Ross-Tech Wiki

This was the info i used to get the from original code of 0002443,
+0002 = Highline without DIS (for Midline variant 9Q3 - Automatic without DIS)

So i subtracted the 2. This worked. to activate DIS.

Seat belt warning was the 2nd digit from the right, and I did try removing the chime as i remember reading somewhere that would remove the washer warning, but it didnt work. Only thing i didnt try was the last digit as the helper and rosstech has no info.

I was merely showing you the link I mentioned earlier when you rang me, as I said I couldnt recall exactly everything from it, but was worth a look anyhow, given it hints at 8P's aswell, I never suggested it would be the solution.

Its cool Im just thinking out loud too!
I fired an email to rosstech, maybe they could shed some light on it, cheers for the input though :D

Its cool Im just thinking out loud too!
I fired an email to rosstech, maybe they could shed some light on it, cheers for the input though :D

i know this is a VERY OLD thread but did you manage to do this?
I have the same issue and i would like to turn off the Washer warning (There is no wiring loom going to the washer bottle sensor as ive checked.. just the sensor) and also the brake warning light is on. Have tried to trace back where the break is but looks like its far up out of reach somewhere.

Thanks