Q7 start authorization ECU issue?

coldeskimo

Reaction score
Hi. This is my first post here.

I have just experienced an issue by many who have no issues during warranty period then bang the problems start (post warranty)!!!

Anyway, this time I have my Q7 2009 TDI immobilized with a potential start authorisation ECU issue.

SYMPTOMS
No central locking

No instrument lights showing on dash
Air control lights up and so does MMC panel
Car will start for 1-2 and turn over but will fail and shutdown
The three keys I have have been tested and neither will start the car so issue not the key

I had the car towed to AUDI dealership up the road and they have run the diagnostics to determine that the errors leaded to J815. This appears to be the ignition coil however Audi are claiming that both it and the ECU need replacing?

Error messages from report as follows:

Error messages:
Errors: Infrastructure.Vehicle.ODS8003E
Text: ODS8003E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): The operation on the control unit with the control address 0x00 was faulty. Error message:
Errors: Infrastructure.Vehicle.ODS8011E
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): Control unit with control address 0x42 is not installed or does not respond.
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): Control unit with control address 0x52 is not installed or does not respond.
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): Control unit with control address 0x62 is not installed or does not respond.
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): Control unit with control address 0x72 is not installed or does not respond.
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom): Control unit with control address 0x05 is not installed or does not respond.
Text: ODS8011E Infrastructure.Vehicle (EcuCom):

I am seeking to find out if what they are suggesting is true and I am up for a lot of $$$ or can the ignition coil be replaced assuming the ECU just can't communicate with it.

Thanks for your help

Welcome to the site, get it vcds scanned as that log is for the better useless mate, its an odis scan tool log only really deciphered with odis & vag direct, doesnt help us on here.

Dealer only able to supply the code in OP. Will need to find another way.

Either find another user in your area via the vcds map or buy vcds yourself, probably for the log, better to find someone else with, unless you will use it for more.