Bluetooth confirmation tone

Custardsucker

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone tell me how to reduce the volume of the bluetooth confirmation tone as it is too loud and all the neighbours can hear it when phone attaches and detaches. All help greatly appreciated. Cheers. Car is 2007 TT Roadster with Symphony and Bose.

Think I may have answered my own question. Did a bit of digging on my latest version of Elsawin and came up with this. Haven't had chance to try it yet.

Customer statement / workshop findings
Tones for Bluetooth connection between phone and vehicle are too loud.​
Technical background
The volume of the tones depends on the volume of the voice operation. This volume has a basic setting.​
Production change
---​
Measure
The volume of the Bluetooth tones can be reduced by lowering the voice operation volume. Activate the voice operation once and lower the volume on the dialogue system. (You get a long dialogue response when saying the command "help").

Audi Cabriolet and Roadster models do not have a voice operation. On these vehicles the volume can be changed as follows:​
Change the code of the phone control unit (diagnosis address 77). Code a language, e.g. English , for the voice operation.​
Quit the diagnosis.​
Switch the ignition off and on again​
Perform the voice operation command Help.​
During the dialogue lower the volume.​
Switch off the ignition and remove the ignition key.​
Switch on the ignition again.​
Start the diagnosis.​
Change the code of the phone control unit (diagnosis address 77). The control unit is now operates without voice operation.​
Quit the diagnosis.​
Switch the ignition off and on again​

Yep. Either activate the phone voice system, and turn down the volume to minimum during that operation
or
when the Bluetooth "bongs" quickly turn down the volume knob.

Both these methods will reduce the volume to minimum, but there is no way to completely disable the bong.

Already tried the second method 'when the Bluetooth "bongs" quickly turn down the volume knob' and this works briefly but doesn't seem to save the setting.
Will try the first method and see if that works and retains the setting.
Thanks for your help.

Do you have sds on the BT, if so, press the button, say help & whilst she is speaking lower the volume, this should resolve your issue.

Speech Dialogue System, voice control of some features, the right hand side button nearest airbag.

Cheers Nigel - works a treat > nice gentle tone now instead of a ridiculous supermarket sweep xtra loud beeeeep !
Lol