Possible to adjust brightness of non-LED DRLs?

fishyfish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am hoping some VCDS ninja can tell me whether it is possible to adjust the brightness/power level of the non-LED daytime running lights on a pre-facelift C6 A6, or otherwise recode things to make them accept LED bulbs.

I have the bi-xenon headlights, and the inner lamps (p21w bulbs) are used solely as DRLs, so I have fitted a pair of LED bulbs with a built-in resistor (LED 382 Canbus Car Bulbs - 360 degrees LED reverse, indicator and rear bulbs resistor included) to freshen up the front-end look and get rid of the ugly yellowness of the incandescents.

Everything lights up nicely, and I don't get any "bulb out" errors, but I do get a very slight flicker every few seconds, which makes me wonder if slightly upping the current being fed to them might sort the issue... or is this just an unavoidable side-effect of the system constantly checking whether the bulbs are ok? I have also noticed that the bulbs also flicker on every 30 seconds or so when running at night (i.e. DRLs off, headlights on), which has almost certainly got to be the system checking for blown bulbs.

Much obliged if anyone can offer any ideas how I might resolve this flicker, as I really would like to avoid swapping the manky old bulbs back in :)

Check for cold diagnosis for the drl's & disable, but I would find some better led's that suit as resistance is probably slightly of.

Fair enough... I think it might have to wait until after Christmas to pull some pennies together and buy my own VCDS cable.

Jeez, I wish it wasn't such a pain in the buttocks to get to the lights on the C6 platform :(

i'm gonna do mine..... but turn them off in the mmi, then hard wire the leds to the igniton :)