No Long Coding Helper Option

chris1988brown

Reaction score
I've recently bought my friends Vagcom cable. Having installed the software I am unable to get to some options that I want to (Gauge Sweep, Coming home lights, etc etc)

The problem I am having is that all the guides tell me to go to 17-Instruments -> 07-Coding -> Long Coding Helper. The problem is in the coding section there is no option to select the long coding helper. I can access the long coding helper from the CAN Gateway module which is what is confusing me. Why is the long coding helper available in the CAN Gateway module but no others?

Cheers
chris

Edit: Car is a 8P A3 2007 2.0 TDi S Line and the software is VAGCOM 11.11.3

Have you used the long coding helper in the CAN gateway module?
Is the software/cable original?

Chris,

As far as I know the Instruments don't use long coding for the 8P. As you have seen the CAN gateway along with the Central Electronics and Central Convenience are the only modules that use long coding.

Where did you pick up the coding instructions from, and are you sure they are for the 8P? The VCDS details are here:

Audi A3 (8P) Instrument Cluster - Ross-Tech Wiki

Steve

Chris,

As far as I know the Instruments don't use long coding for the 8P. As you have seen the CAN gateway along with the Central Electronics and Central Convenience are the only modules that use long coding.

Where did you pick up the coding instructions from, and are you sure they are for the 8P? The VCDS details are here:

Audi A3 (8P) Instrument Cluster - Ross-Tech Wiki

Steve

hi Steve i got the coding instructions from Google however now i come to think of it i don't recall it stating it was for the 8p, as chewy Norman says, does this mean it cant be done on the 8P?

chris