Need help in Glasgow

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Looking for someone with a VCDS/Vag Com and 20 mins of spare time, i dont seam to have heated mirrors working but fuse is ok , i doubt (but is possible) both have just chucked it but am thinking its a realy?
but would like this confirmed ,
Plus i would like the car "coded to the UK" its been mentioned this was probably never done when it got its PDI from Audi originaly . as when you open the drivers door the pasenger door is opened in the DIS !
silly but annoying . any one who could help it would be appriciated please PM me mick

Were you at the meet on Sunday?......if so sorry I didnt get round to fixing this problem. Was maxxed out doing alot of VCDS stuff on multiple cars.

Reactions: fallmonk
​Check out the scottish members list, the vcds holders are all marked in red. :) x

Were you at the meet on Sunday?......if so sorry I didnt get round to fixing this problem. Was maxxed out doing alot of VCDS stuff on multiple cars.

Yes mate was there sunday but you was rushed off your feet didnt want to pester you , will have a look as sandra says try get someone to have a quick look at it

Pull the glass of & check for heated wiring & glass connections 1st.

+1 for what NHN said when I checked mine I saw the 2 wires on the mirror it wasn't untill I looked closer that I realised the connectors were just pushed onto plastic tabs on the backs of the mirrors which was to keep them out of the way

Check that they are actually connected to metal tabs and that you have a heater element on the back of the glass

If not you just need to get a heated mirror from Audi and push the connectors onto the metal tabs on the new mirror and hey presto they work when you press the rear Demist button

They also don't work unless its below a certain temp outside

Tilt it forward, get your fingers behind spread evenly & apply pressure slowly towards you, should pop of, dont apply pressure in one small area or it'll crack.