VCDS - Enabling illuminated turn signals with sidelights (MY10 A3)

rdfcpete

Reaction score
Had a quick scout around the CE module and couldn't find this, running the latest version of VCDS. I've got a March 2010 A3 BE.

I was able to enable it on my MY06 MK5 Golf GTI and it gave a lovely unique look and soft glow, completing the side light look. I've seen this done on a B8 A4, but not yet on an 8P3 A3.

Can it be achieved at all? Picture of my MK5 GTI below for clarification on what I'm describing (you can see the inner indicator bulbs are illuminated with the outer side light).

SAM_0945_greyscale-1.jpg

Thanks.

Long coding helper, I'm sure it's C E, it's under backup function enable side turn signal as parking light (US & Canada) - enter the brightness percentage in the box

Sorry Pete been working so didnt see your email, seemed someone has chirped in already.

Be warned though, you may get a happy go lucky copper pull you for that mod if it works.

Long coding helper, I'm sure it's C E, it's under backup function enable side turn signal as parking light (US & Canada) - enter the brightness percentage in the box

Cheers Boon, but I definitely don't have this long coding checkbox present in my 30 byte controller. I've done it on a few MK5 platform cars (Jettas, Golfs etc...) so know it well but unless it's called a different name on my 8P3 CE module, I don't have it.

My MK5 GTI had a few options that the 8P3 doesn't and that's bizarre considering it was 4 years older and only had the 20 byte poverty spec controller. Audi seem to lock a lot of things down compared with VW.

Sorry Pete been working so didnt see your email, seemed someone has chirped in already.

Be warned though, you may get a happy go lucky copper pull you for that mod if it works.

No worries Mr. H. Yeah I appreciate there's a risk element, it was honestly never once an issue on the MK5 but I won't push my luck :happy:

Ohh it's on mine, have got them on 10% Don't know what version 8P I have though, 54 plate 2.0TDI