Q7 Management LIght ON but no fault code stored

quattro25years

Reaction score
Hi,

The engine management light has come on my Q7.

its been taken to an Audi main dealer , after diagnostics it was established that the "break switch" needs to be replaced , a part the costs about £10.00

After this was replaced , the car was started but the engine management light is still ON ,but when hooked up to the diagnostic machine no fault code has been stored.

Any ideas how the management light can still be on , but no fault stored on the cars computer ?

thanks in advance

(will post this in other sections- so every body see this post in case a common problem)

quattro25years

​Hi,

The engine management light has come on my Q7.

its been taken to an Audi main dealer , after diagnostics it was established that the "break switch" needs to be replaced , a part the costs about £10.00

After this was replaced , the car was started but the engine management light is still ON ,but when hooked up to the diagnostic machine no fault code has been stored.

Any ideas how the management light can still be on , but no fault stored on the cars computer ?

(Car still with main dealer)

thanks in advance

(will post this in other sections- so every body see this post in case a common problem)

quattro25years

Last edited:
Please do not post in multiple sections, if its a specific chassis or a vcds question, please post in 1 of not both as it attracts potentially multiple replies, which then makes the issue messy as such.

I would get vcds on the car as some things maybe not visible on vas/odis.

Do you have anyother symptoms?

​.... but the engine management light is still ON ,but when hooked up to the diagnostic machine no fault code has been stored. Any ideas how the management light can still be on , but no fault stored on the cars computer ?

No codes stored? Light on? Bad cluster? Only thought I have.

I agree with NHN - post a scan of the car here to let us have a look.