Bluetooth retrofit VCDS coding sanity check

nutey

Reaction score
I'm going to be installing the OEM bluetooth to my B7 S4 at the weekend and have read loads of DIY guides so I think I'm just about there but wanted to double check my coding looks correct before I start the install.

The car already has RNSE, MFSW, BOSE, CD Changer, Cruise, Aux in enabled and is an auto Avant

Through the Wiki on Ross Tech site and various guides I have come up with the coding below:

Steering Wheel = Coding 04142 (MFSW with voice & tel, Tip Paddles, Computer & Cruise installed, Rear Wiper as it's an Avant)
No Adaptation changes required?
Instruments = No Coding change required -
Adaptation Ch 62 = 23 (16+Radio+Nav+Telephone)
RNSE = Coding 0309757 (Audi A4 8E, not a Cab, Bose fitted, Base Plate diagnostic capable with Comfort Control, Aux in enabled, CD Changer and MFSW fitted)
No Adaptation changes required?
Phone = Coding 0011822 (Audi, RNSE High, New style wheel, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Head Unit (e.g. RNS-E), Diagnostics via K-Line, English voice, English Display)
No Adaptation changes required

Does that all look right? Just a bit hesitant as apart from enabling the aux and a few other little VCDS tweaks this will be my first major project:think:

I got the Bluetooth installed and coded last weekend. The install was pretty easy really - helped by having the wiring loom from NHN so it was just plug and play:yes:. Probably the worst bit was trying to untangle and remove the existing Parrot installation - a supposed professional install but a right mess and not a single proper connection - all just twisted wires:banghead:

Coding was easy with the VCDS and it all seems to work - The only thing I changed from my post was the steering wheel to 03142 but 04142 also seemed to work so not sure what the difference is, I just couldn't be bothered to change it again.