JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ste_Nova

Thread: Help - Buying Cable Online

Neutral

Status

Help - Buying Cable Online

Hello.
    I have thinking of getting a VAG-COM cable and i found one online thats cheap and that seems to work with my car according to their description but im not sure and i would like to get some confirmation on it. The cable version is 11.10 ( there are other versions there but i this seems to be the more recent there). Will this version work on my 2007 a3 8p? Has anyone bought their cable in online stores ( cheaper cables)?
    Thanks for the help

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    If its too good to be true - then it probably is.

Probably a fake copy mate

Neutral

Status
    Im guessing it is a copy/clone cable, especially considering the price. But are any dangers for cables like this? Could it mess up the car electronics or something like that?

6th Gear

Status
    Dont think so - you wont get any support from rosstech if anything goes wrong.

And yes, that version will work on your car.

Neutral

Status
    Thanks for the help!
    I might get it, but i will look more into vag-com tutorials and articles to see if there are any changes i would like to do,because right now what i wanted most is to test the car because i get a strange "bip" when i start it but the error message on the screen disappears quickly,so i want to see what thats all about.

5th Gear

Status
    £15.66 and they look quite real??? but it doesn't mention licence anywhere so i assume it doesn't have a vcds activation licence in it?

VAG-COM VCDS 11.10 Diagnostic Cable (138cm-Cable Length) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ste_Nova View Post
    £15.66 and they look quite real??? but it doesn't mention licence anywhere so i assume it doesn't have a vcds activation licence in it?

VAG-COM VCDS 11.10 Diagnostic Cable (138cm-Cable Length) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
    Thats exactly the one i was thinking of getting, same store and everything. I just didn't post it because i didn't know the rules about posting links(if it was allowed or not).
    So this is of course a clone cable right? It probably couldn't be used with their original software or connected to the internet(i think i read something about cables like this stop working if you put your computer online)?

6th Gear

Status
    Yep if you update it it makes the cable inoperative.

Genuine all the way IMO

Nigel (NHN) can supply a genuine one cheaper than retail.

5th Gear

Status
    and later on you can sell your genuine cable on ebay for £15 less than you paid from NHN so you will never loose much ££ anyway
    Charles Tait likes this.
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Hello.
    I have thinking of getting a VAG-COM cable and i found one online thats cheap and that seems to work with my car according to their description but im not sure and i would like to get some confirmation on it. The cable version is 11.10 ( there are other versions there but i this seems to be the more recent there). Will this version work on my 2007 a3 8p? Has anyone bought their cable in online stores ( cheaper cables)?
    Thanks for the help
    User NHN for genuine cable. Money well spent, fully supported by Ross - Tech and good reliable service. Its a worthwhile investment. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP