VAG COM....SERIAL OR USB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gall4961

Reaction score
Hi All, This is my first post ever so please bare with me.

I have just downloaded VAG COM 409 and I'm having problems connecting it to the car with the Ebay USB cable, was wondering if it would work with a Serial Lead which I also have and people have seemed to have had more success , the Lite version free from Ross Tech works well with the USB but isn't enough for me............any ideas changed USB port location numbers and all that already??????

Cheers Chaps

A4 1.8TQS AVANT 2000
S3 225 BAM

Hi All, This is my first post ever so please bare with me.
Welcome to the forum.

...... the Lite version free from Ross Tech works well with the USB but isn't enough for me............

VAG-COM 409 was replaced in 2005. VAG-COM 409 is the basis for the creation of VCDS-Lite which replaced it. If you want full function from VCDS-Lite, you have to pay the $99 registration fee.

By your post, you have basically told us that you are using a cracked copy of the full 409 version and that you would like help to get it to run.

While I don't know the rules on this forum, on most forums, talking about getting illegal software running is not permitted. That you have a free copy of the full VAG-COM 409 can only mean that it was obtained as an illegal copy in violation of Mr. Uwe M. Ross's rights. (Ross is the creator and author of VAG-COM and VCDS, and is the owner of Ross-Tech, LLC.) You see, Mr. Ross has never given any party not associated with Ross-Tech as a distributor the permission to distribute his software.

Because you are new here, I am being gentle. I am hopeful that no one else will respond to your thread. We should not encourage efforts to steal from those who work to bring this product to the market.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.