Software update for towing

riggssuzuki

Reaction score
I am having a tow bar fitted to my A4 Dynamik by a local Witter dealer as Audi will not do it. THey say they cant. Seems odd but hey ho. Do i need any sort of update to take into account the trailer? i.e. disabling park sensors when trailer is fitted and possibly changes o the stability control system? If so how easy is it and what is required?

If its the proper system with an integrated car system module, then it will need coding to the car so its auto when plugging anything into the 7 or 13 pin socket, so pdc doesnt work when tow in use.

Audi wont fit a towbar for me so its being done at a local caravan towbar dealer. Its their version (Witter) with the smart byoass. It has been suggested that i will get warnings such as ESP etc that require a software update????

He's got a B8 Bruce :)

But, you should check the witter towbar how it will integrate with your systems, does it have an intelligent module that connects to the car systems or just connects via the cars existing wiring, does your car have pdc as towing will set them of.

Unfortunately gun ownership isnt as lax here :jester: :lmfao: