Just installed the new Navi in Mrs B,s Cab

I have also installed a bluetooth module

The system is the RNS-e
Bluetooth module
MFSW

No other items in the car

Coding on Vag is 0403715 on the Navi section
and 0011402 in the 77-phone section

At the moment the names dont show on the clocks & the wheel does not scroll the numbers but the fuel guage light is on so i didnt know if that needed to be out before it worked

Any other changes that need to be made

Thanks

You need to fuel it up to get anything other than the low fuel light on.

You have 0403715 as your navi coding, change it to 0413715. The figure after the 4 denotes if its an A4 saloon or A4 cab. At the moment yours is set as saloon (0), 1 is for cab.

Your Tel code looks ok to me though.

Very strange

I changed the coding as you said & now even with the ignition off & the key out the bluetooth will not switch off. I have to disconnected the bluetooth from the phone . It will also make a call even with the car turned off so the unit is powered up all the time

It never used to do this in the A3 & i have used all the same equipment & leads

Can anyone shed some light on it please

Thanks

You may need to move pins on the quad lock. PM Nigel (NHN), he's (one of) the guy for this.

Change phone to 0011802

Did you connect up the infotainment bus wires from BT module?

The loom maybe ok, but my experience of there looms is rubbish, always wired wrong at some point, but try coding then check wiring if still not right.

Not top enough, otherwise I would have given him the correct code for his tel :)

He hasnt said its fixed it yet mate so lets not jump the gun lol :)

Cheers gents. I will check when i get home tonight

Hopefully the coding will sort it otherwise its ****** head unit out again. I presumed it may be the quadlock & not the Kufatec lead as it worked ok in the A3 albeit with a different quadlock
Should have ****** kept it & used the other one in the A3

Damn

Right coded the wheel with a 3 for radio/phone

Still doesn't work and the names don't appear inbetween the clocks it just says phone. I'm wondering if that's all I does.

Mrs B tried the phone this morning and all apears fine apart from the selection of callers from the wheel. The volume function for the phone works from the wheel but not the selection of names which must be done from the RNS.

The B7 Cab has the red clocks but my S3 has the new white clocks. I dont know if "phone" is all the red clocks are supposed to show & the RNS and BT unit are more modern than the clocks.

I did have a look to see if the clocks had a program setting to display the names but couldnt find it anywhere.

Thanks for the help up to now gents, much appreciated.

Just to clarify; I take it you are pressing the 'MODE' button on the steering wheel to bring your phone book entries up? The mode button is to switch the DIS display between showing the radio station/track name and the phone book. Sorry if it sounds like I'm trying to teach you how to suck eggs, but sometimes it isn't obvious what people are and aren't doing. Its sounds like its coded up correctly, so may just be something as simple as that.

Yes mate

I try to replicate what the S3 does ie press the mode button so the phonebook comes up instead of the radio station. ( the radio is fine & scrolls like it should & alters the volume)
The phone (when active) can be turned up using the volums wheel

The only thing not working is the mode button that changes radio to phonebook entries.

I have found another thread on this but again will have to wait until tonight to have a fiddle with it again

It has to a coding issue then. Nigel might keep us right here but I have a couple of suggestions to try. First one;

go into 'NAVIGATION' and then into 'ADAPTATION'. Look at channel 136 and see what value is stored. It should be 00013 for RNSe high (RHD cars). If not, change it to 00013 click 'TEST' then 'SAVE'

Next; Go into Telephone (77), then 'ADAPTATION' and look at channel 134. This should be a '0'. It may say '1'. Change it to 0, 'TEST' then 'SAVE'. I think this allows hands free use without the phone having to be plugged into the cradle. I'm not saying this will definately fix the issue but its worth a try.

EDIT: For anybody reading this who knows a bit about VCDS and thinks, 'What the heck is he talking about...' I'm just learning myself and like these sort of threads because I learn from them. So don't berate me if I'm wrong :)

Last edited:
Cheers Gary. I,ll have a look later & report back

I take it i,m correct with the 3 in the wheel program & not the 4 as the speech mod isnt installed ?

Or there is this as Nigel says;

[h=2]Coding[/h]
  • 00?xxxx: Transmission
    • 0 = Manual Transmission
    • 1 = Automatic Transmission
  • 00x?xxx: Steering Wheel
    • 0 = 3-Spoke, w/o Tiptronic, w/o Multi-Function
    • 1 = 3-Spoke, with Tiptronic, w/o Multi-Function
    • 2 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio Control)
    • 3 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone Control)
    • 4 = 4-Spoke Multi-Function (with Radio/Telephone/Voice Control)
  • 00xx?xx: Tiptronic/Heating
    • +1 = Tiptronic on Steering Wheel
  • 00xxx?x: Cruise Control/Board Computer
    • 0 = no Board Computer, no Cruise Control
    • 1 = Board Computer, no Cruise Control
    • 2 = no Board Computer, Cruise Control
    • 4 = Board Computer, Cruise Control
  • 00xxxx?: Rear Wiper
    • 0 = w/o Rear Wiper
    • 1 = with Rear Wiper
Courtesy of the RossTech Wiki.
Audi A3 (8P) Steering Wheel - Ross-Tech Wiki

Cheers Gary. I,ll have a look later & report back

I take it i,m correct with the 3 in the wheel program & not the 4 as the speech mod isnt installed ?

Ahh so you've coded the wheel. 00x3xxx would be right then if no voice control.

We'll get to the bottom of it yet :)

Yes i did that last night so Nigel would see that i am making an effort & at least trying to find my way around it. It really is a minefield, you alter 1 thing and then need to alter about half a dozen more.

The other head scratcher was where the mic is on the Cab. I took down the light & there is no space for it in there so i have temp placed it on the left pillar for now

I did alter my S3 as well last night & turned on the beep for the locking via the long coding.

I really do think then, that the adaptation value for having hands free work without the phone being plugged in is the answer. It seems like you everything coded up right. There are two options in Tel Adaptation, one is to have handsfree work when bluetooth connected without the need to have the phone engaged, and the other is so that handsfree is only active with the phone engaged. Being able to scroll through your phone book without the phone being plugged in, is handsfree to me....

I think your adaptation value is set for the second option above. You need to be able to operate your phone whilst its still in your pocket or wherever else it might be.

Try checking instruments 17 & check adaptation channel 062 to see if telephone is enabled on the bus:

Audi A4 (8E) Instrument Cluster (8EC/8ED/8HE) - Ross-Tech Wiki

Channel 062: CAN-Databus Infotainment (Installation List)
  • +00001 = Radio (Optional)
  • +00002 = Telephone (Optional)
  • +00004 = Navigation (Optional)
  • +00008 = Telematics (Optional)
  • +00016 = Intrument Cluster (Standard - only coded with 2nd Component)

I think thats the one Nigel

I enabled the ch62 & it now works

Its value was 17 as its never been coded for the Nav when it was installed. Am i corect in thinking it should be 23 ?

Channel 062: CAN-Databus Infotainment (Installation List)

• +00001 = Radio (Optional)
  • +00002 = Telephone (Optional)
  • +00004 = Navigation (Optional)
  • +00016 = Intrument Cluster (Standard - only coded with 2nd Component)

=23 ?

Just remember blackie, there is a Thanks button on bottom of each post :p

If I get enough thanks, I get a set of steak knives engraved audi-sport lmfao

Excellent . I will be scrolling down the thread tomorrow and clicking the thanks buttons .

Thanks gents for helping me to sort this out. Mrs B is a happy bunny