re-calibrating 'steering angle sensor' golf mk5

vw754

vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
im trying to do this but when i go into 'abs brakes' the 'login' doesnt highlight it says login-11 but then changes to coding ll, soon as i go into the abs brakes.......it doesnt highlight so i cant do nothing any ideas....i got this from rosstech but as i say cant login........

Procedure for performing the zero position calibration for the Steering Angle Sensor (G85) on VW Golf, GTI, Jetta, and Audi TT:
[Select]
[03 - ABS Brakes]
[Login - 11]
Enter 40168
[Do It!]

[Basic Settings - 04]
Group 060 (do NOT scroll up and down in the Basic Settings function, type in 060 instead)
[Go!]

Ask RT if its a genuine cable.

Ask RT if its a genuine cable.
ok..........found that i have to go into steering assist in the golf and not abs brakes (03) yes its genuine cable................this is the issue:
Tried to do a calibration(sttering angle sensor) now no power assisted steering ! this is the fault i get after i done the basic setting via 44-steering assist with vcds.

Steering is well heavy !
Although the steering light on the dash did flash red for 1 second before staying on yellow,when i tried to do the calibration again,it said ''not possible''......but ive read somewher that once you recalibrate you should turn off the ignition then back on again to preform the steering limit adaption.

2 Faults Found:
02546 - Steering Limit Stop
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
Freeze Frame:
Mileage: 7520 km
Temperature: 41.0°C
Voltage: 12.40 V
Voltage: 12.20 V

00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
000 - -
Freeze Frame:

Do i need to switch car off once i do the basic setting then preform the ''steering limit stop adaption'' ?????​

Have you been to the Ross-Tech Wiki? The procedures are detailed there:
VW Golf (1K) Steering Assist - Ross-Tech Wiki

Read through the entire procedure. Not only do you need to do the steering angle but I think you also need to adapt the steering limits.

If you are still having trouble, send an autoscan to our tech support group and ask them about what to do. The autoscan gives them the part numbers of the modules in the car. It is necessary for them to really help you resolve the issue. I know we are 6 hours behind your time but they do try to get emails back within a day of receipt.

i cant get a full scan at the moment as its not my car,and not with me at the moment.........the steering light on the dash has gone on'RED' permanent.....no assitance now,i cant even access it to re-calibrate it,as vcds states no response from controller'
if i go into 'faults i get ' 01309 - Power Steering Control Module (J500): No Communication​

Please provide a full scan of your car, without deleting any logs.