Recommend me a VAGCOM reader.

deanosabby

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
First post over in this part of the forum.
As above I am looking to get a VAGCOM reader as my wife and I both have an AUDI.
She has a B6 2005 (55) A4 soft top and I have a 2001 allroad my02.
I have seen this on ebay VW, AUDI, SEAT, SKODA CAR DIAGNOSTIC CODE READER SCANNER VAG COM | eBay
and it is not the cheapest but was thinking that as it costs more it might be a better option than the cheaper ones.
Many thanks,
Deano.

VCDS or not at all mate.

Depends what you need. Basic fault code reading download rosstechs VCDS lite and get yourself a cheap cable.

If you want to program new keys, comfort settings etc buy the full version of VCDS.

A forum member NHN sells legitimate copies for £249

Not bothered about programming or doing comfort settings.
Just want to be able to read fault codes to save on garage costs.
What model and cable do you recommend?
Ta,
Deano.

get one of these mate Professional Fault Code Reader for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda (1996-2009) ive just got one and works a treat diagnosed faulty exhaust temp sensor the other day and you can reset service lights and change service intervals plus alot more, rly impressed so far

chris

If you don't want to go down the VCDS path, then the one recommended here is very good indeed. I had one at work before I got the VCDS. Vey good bit of kit for the money

VCDS is the way to go.
It is up to you if you get the full version, or VCDS lite, and whether to go genuine or knock-off. I have a genuine full version, but started with a cheap knock-off to test it out first. Have a look at RossTechs site to see what is what.
There are plenty of threads here about the cheap versions, some members have e-bay stuff and are happy with it, others only go for genuine and moan about e-bay stuff (I'm the latter now!).
Have a browse through and see what people say.
If you are keeping your cars for any length of time, you will find it is invaluable for all sorts of things, and the plus point is that it emulates (and more) the readers referenced in the ElsaWin manuals, so it can be easy to follow any procedures.