MIL LIGHT

johnmandy

Reaction score
Nice easy one,

Due to a problem with my intake manifold motors, (i have a topic going on the B7 forum).

Can the MIL light be turned off permenantly with VCDS, by the way i have the full version.

thanks john

I dont think so mate, given its a fairly important warning symbol for a variety of issues, surely you would wanna know of something important?

I dont think so mate, given its a fairly important warning symbol for a variety of issues, surely you would wanna know of something important?

NHM,

Cannot fault your answer, but the common fault with the 3.0 litre v6 and the intake manifold motors and flaps, makes you want to rid yourself of that light.
I have had the issue mentioned above for about 18 months, and my car drives like a dream, as far as i can tell no increase in fuel, no loss of torque, but on ocassions the dreaded MIL light.
So getting it mapped out, if at all possible seems a risk worth taking.
Check my topic on the b7 forum to find how common this fault seems to be.
Anyway thanks for your reply, i,ll give it some thought.

john

I understand your reasons, but think like this, say something detrimental is about to happen to the engine, the mil may give you enough warning to avoid a total engine mash up as such, remote I know, but I would never advise anyone to have the mil disabled, never.

i doubt it can be written out
if you want it off that bad either get it fixed
or black tape over the light