B7 Cab adaption code 62 bits 1 & 2 enabled but not quite functioning correctly

o0timbo0o

Reaction score
I've enabled code 62 comfort functions by using recode 7931.

I've modified the default value of channel 62 from 204 to 207 ( adding bit 1&2)which should enable the windows to wind down and up via the keyfob.

when all is saved and disconnected , i lock the car .. then unlock by holding the open button on the keyfob for more than 3 seconds .. The windows do indeed open but only drop 5 inches then stop. Holding the lock button the windows should then close .. but they dont.
The code of 207 tests correctly

Is there anything i can do to get the windows right down ?

putting the key in the door still opens and closes the windows as expected

cheers

Where did you get the data from to code this, is this a genuine interface?

Where did you get the data from to code this, is this a genuine interface?

Yes , genuine Hex-can , the latest version of VCDS actually 'tooltips' the options.

I'm having the exact same problem with the same results as you Windows close 5" then stop and it won't move at all of the key , I'm currently it talks with Ross tech to sort this , it should work as you can open and close the windows with the key in the door lock .

In a way good news , at least it's not an isolated incident and you can +1 me to Ross tech to add a bit of weight behind it. The only thing I can think of why is because there is the extra function of opening & closing the roof by using the key in the lock. Something that is not mentioned in the available codes.. Either in adaption or Recode. ( unless it's the Adaption Bit values 32 & 128 that are described as "doesn't seem to work") ??

Out of interest what Recode value are you using ? Do you also have the default value? I got a bit carried away and didn't record it

Original code was 06831 new code is 06895, adaption channel 62 had a value of 204 now its at 95 , all resulting in the same issue you have .

It is easy to get lost with coding i now always take my phone and photograph the page before i change any codes.

I have replied to ross tech with the issues above but as its the weekend i doubt i'll hear from them today .
ill post the responce when they reply.

As for closing the roof off the key its impossible with adding a module , there are two one is wired behind the panel next to the back seat this is a one touch module so you flick the switch once by the handbrake no need to hold it.
The second module is wired in the drivers door this is the full remote roof via the key ect it also closes/opens the windows with the remote, i have one of these units but not got round to fitting it yet, i got mine from here .

Reinhold Engineering

They are on ebay but its cheaper to buy direct from them .

I've emailed Ross tech again with a link to this thread so hopefully we will hear something soon

Just received this email reply from ross tech ..

Hello,

This may be due to a weak signal from one of the remotes. If you haven't done so already, try another remote.

The measuring block information for the remote command (i.e. unlock or lock buttons) are found in group 007.2 (Remote Control Command). You may want to look at the MB data while operating the remote(s).

The only other conflicts may be the driver door switch or the S-contact of the ignition switch. If the vehicle/module believed the door was open it may interrupt the remote commands. Additionally, the doors will not lock or unlock properly is the module believes the key is in the ignition. The MB data for those values will be found in groups 004 and 015.

Regards,
Dana

Windows function doesn't work on the cab, it has never worked on any A4 cab I have tried. I suspect it's something to do with the fact it is a cab and the windows auto drop/close etc when the doors are opened.

Windows function doesn't work on the cab, it has never worked on any A4 cab I have tried. I suspect it's something to do with the fact it is a cab and the windows auto drop/close etc when the doors are opened.

Interesting , Craig how come it works by using the key in the door turning and holding .
I'm sure a member on here managed to code it to work. Shame if it can't be done .

Just received this email reply from ross tech ..

Hello,

This may be due to a weak signal from one of the remotes. If you haven't done so already, try another remote.

The measuring block information for the remote command (i.e. unlock or lock buttons) are found in group 007.2 (Remote Control Command). You may want to look at the MB data while operating the remote(s).

The only other conflicts may be the driver door switch or the S-contact of the ignition switch. If the vehicle/module believed the door was open it may interrupt the remote commands. Additionally, the doors will not lock or unlock properly is the module believes the key is in the ignition. The MB data for those values will be found in groups 004 and 015.

Regards,
Dana

I get the appropriate responses from the measuring blocks from key 1 and 2. If I hold the open button and keep holding it then the measuring block confirms the value is held high @'1' . Closing responds with a '2' , so it's not my fobs. and the car is seeing the right values.

What does interest me is the fact that you say yours will only close 5" then stops .. mine only opens 5" then stops !!

s8craig could be onto something regarding the window drop when the door opens but ! There are certain measuring blocks for the roof action so it knows when to pitch the rear window
( controller 26 (Auto Roof) and looking at measuring blocks 1,2 are for the roof position & block 3 has the windows positions)

So the car knows where the windows are in space so theoretically there should not be an issue getting to wind the windows right down ??

Got another reply from Ross tech but from Andy

Did you try cycling the windows up and down several times using the switches inside the car to teach the windows their top and bottom points? I'd like you to try the Controller Channels Map function in Applications: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.html

Tell it to access Controller Address 46 Function = Adaptation Login = <leave blank>
Output = Pre-label file Please send the resulting file to me.

Regards,
Andy

I'm out of the country now until next Friday so no access to laptop , if I manage to get to a computer ill forward the info on.

I can confirm that +256 ( Avant ) to the comfort module coding - No.46 and then setting the functions in channel 62 to the required settings does indeed work ! ( I just set mine to 255 for the hell of it )
But ! there are good bits and bad bits.

Good Bits .. it doesn't effect the 10mm drop of the windows when you open the door .. the roof up/down sequence remains unaffected ( windows drop halfway on roof operation).

Bad bits .. you cannot operate the roof sequence through the key in the lock ( no biggie).. but hey buy the module from Reinhold Engineering or Kufatec and run that off the fob , all issues completely solved !

Video showing operation .. Video 10 09 2011 12 57 24 - YouTube

Last edited:
I'm back, just tried this and it works spot on nice one.

going to get the remote roof module fitted soon anyway.

Next on the list is coming home lights, following a thread on audizine where a few have done it by a adding a couple of wires and a relay. .

I can confirm that +256 ( Avant ) to the comfort module coding - No.46 and then setting the functions in channel 62 to the required settings does indeed work ! ( I just set mine to 255 for the hell of it )
But ! there are good bits and bad bits.

Good Bits .. it doesn't effect the 10mm drop of the windows when you open the door .. the roof up/down sequence remains unaffected ( windows drop halfway on roof operation).

Bad bits .. you cannot operate the roof sequence through the key in the lock ( no biggie).. but hey buy the module from Reinhold Engineering or Kufatec and run that off the fob , all issues completely solved !

Video showing operation .. Video 10 09 2011 12 57 24 - YouTube

just as a heads up on this as i know you were looking into a remote roof module. , i've just fitted a kufatec outdoor module ( cheap version that just works off the fob .. not the 1 touch).
Had a bit of an issue with the thing not working as i'd hoped.

So to save you a few hours of head scratching if you do fit one of these modules you have to remove the ( avant 256 value ) and this solved the problem and the auto roof works fine.

So again , you dont get the best of both worlds on this , although you can close all windows , just not open them without the roof going down !

Hey,

Just wanted to say thanks for this, been scratching my head trying to figure what I was doing wrong as i had the same problem!

I can also confirm that adding the Avant option +256 in module "46 Central Conv" and then setting channel 62 to 207 (orig 204 +3) worked for me.

Cheers,

Deano

(2006 A4 Cabrio)

I have had the Reinhold Engineering Cabrio-Module on another car, and that did not add the window function except as the full operation of the roof button. (The SmartTop for that car would have had the same limitation)
The Mods4Cars SmartTop for the A4 does give different function for the windows and the roof; you can set the roof cycle to end with the windows up or down, and can also operate the windows separately from the roof.

Since the rear window sweeps into the rear seat headroom, it is an excellent mod to allow you to open the roof before anyone has got into the car. Having to get in, keys in, hold the switch, and then get out to allow the rear-seat passengers access is just such a pain.

Although the SmartTop is a bit more expensive, it is really simple to fit, configure and use, and the help-desk is very good, so I would be happy to recommend it.