VCDS Security Access Code - Audi A1?

vagcat

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am trying to get into some settings in VCDS to change the brightness of my DRLs on my Audi A1.

It is asking for a security access code... From a bit of research normally there should be a pop up bubble that tells you the number, but this doesn't happen.

Does anyone know how to find the code or does anyone know it?

Thanks. :)

What version number of vcds are you using & is it genuine or counterfeit?

I am not sure, as i have borrowed the cable to change settings.

Still no go... It is a authentic cable by the way. :)

Please show us a screen shot of the page where its asking for security code.

If it did I'm sure NHN would have told you. Need to see where you're looking for the access code.

If the 'bubble' hasn't popped up with the code, you're either not supposed to know it or RT havent had their hands on the module yet to map it.

you need to screen dump what your doing so it can be seen and help given

post a dump of address 09 long code and adaptation channels etc

Go to address 09
Long code helper
Change byte 24 for drl dimming

Sent from my iPhone using
My fat fingers

Hi NHN, im searching for the codes to unlock vim on my Audi A1. In Advanced ID doesnt appear tge serial number to insert in the software created by trick 77. Can you help me to find the codes for security acess?
Thanks a lot

Dear NHM im trying to find a way to unlock vim on my Audi A1 - Can you help me? Im using an original VCDS cable and software. Thanks a lot.

Another item in connection with VCDS on the A1.

With the A3 it is possible to change the instrument lighting using module 17 Instruments and changing the last digit of the seven digit code to a 4. This gives Needles ON Scales ON.
The list of options with the seven digit code are:
xxxxx?x
0 = Seatbelt Warning Inactive

xxxxxx?
0 = Needles OFF and Scales Off
1 = Needles ON and Scales Off
2 = Needles OFF and Scales ON
3 = Needles ON and Scales ON (Dimming active)
4 = Needles ON and Scales ON

Does anyone have access to an A1 and the correct cable to check if this works on the A1. We have taken the car to the dealers and they could not work out how to do it!!. The also contacted Audi UK who said it could not be done, but it seems to use the same J285 module to control the instruments as the A3. Maybe they are right but it would be rather nice to prove them wrong and get it to work.

Hey guys,I am trying to get into some settings in VCDS to change the brightness of my DRLs on my Audi A1.

It is asking for a security access code... From a bit of research normally there should be a pop up bubble that tells you the number, but this doesn't happen.

The version number of vcds is 11.2
And my cable is authentic.

Thanks.

Hey guys,
I am trying to get into some settings in VCDS to change the brightness of my DRLs on my Audi A1.

My vcds version number is 11.2
and my cable is athentic.

Thanks for your help

3 posts from Nigel asking for a screen dump of the log. I have a sneaky feeling he might not post in this thread again........:noway:

& again, I like to help where I can, but you have to help yourselves please, POST A SCREEN DUMP of the said warning & log of your car, that way it provides us with allot more info to be able to look into the issues.

Scuse me NHN but i don't understand...
Do you want an image as this?

2Q==

I wait your notices