using VCDS Lite

Garber

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody knows if an engine check light or fault is cleared by using VCDS lite/Vagcom then the fault reappears dose vagcom log how many miles it took for fault to reappear

No it does not log the miles between faults. VCDS - not the lite product - may show the mileage at which a fault occurs if the ECU being monitored has this information. Not all modules do.

Can you expand on why you would need this function anyway, just curious, any specific module you want to monitor for longevity?

i'm just being curious when i bought the car it had a vac leak which put MIL on so dealers mechanic cleared the fault and off i went the MIL lamp came on again a few days later and his handheld scanner showed it took 15 km for the fault to return so was just wondering if VCDS had this function

Kind regards
Garber

If the tool he used can read what is known as the freeze frame data, and if the guy had marked previous mileage, he could know the difference between first occurrence and the second occurrence. VCDS does show the freeze frame data. See the on line manual.

Reactions: Garber