Anti Hijack - Polo GTI

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Does anyone know how to activate the Anti Hijack feature on a brand new Polo GTI?

I've done it on my 8L S3 and B5 Passat, but when using VCDS on the Polo, I can't get anything to change on the Polo.

It's when the doors lock when you start moving. I would of thought it would be an adaptation in vcds. Dealer should activate it free of charge though

Get stuck in and press some buttons.
Its more fun than getting someone else to do it. :)

EDIT:=- Just read the last little bit of your post. You dont need to log in or any thing for that sort of change do you?
Can you change any thing else?

Last edited:
Check in the dis mate, as newer cars have some of these features added via comfort menu options.

Sorry to 'hijack' your anti-hijack thread, but can you do this on an 8L S3? I remember reading the Ross Tech wiki when I first got my car and I thought it could only be done on the 8P models, perhaps I read it wrong.

Does anyone know how to activate the Anti Hijack feature on a brand new Polo GTI?

I've done it on my 8L S3 and B5 Passat, but when using VCDS on the Polo, I can't get anything to change on the Polo.

this is a roundabouts way of saying 'i live in a rough area'

Sorry to 'hijack' your anti-hijack thread, but can you do this on an 8L S3? I remember reading the Ross Tech wiki when I first got my car and I thought it could only be done on the 8P models, perhaps I read it wrong.

Yes, I have it done on my 8L S3, you just need someone with a genuine version of VCDS, and it's straight forward, as it drops a menu down to tell you how to adjust the numbers for you to activate it. The Polo is more complex though, I got to a menu with a string of text at least 25 letters long, so I decided to come here and ask before I mess about. Noway I'm writing/copy'n'pasting that string of text to mess about with it!

Yes, I have it done on my 8L S3, you just need someone with a genuine version of VCDS ........

Nice one, thanks Jojo. A friend of mine has genuine VCDS, although it's a pretty old version. I'll get him to check it out at the weekend.

Joey has genuine latest vcds anyway, Joey what version you using mate, you tried latest 11.2 beta as maybe you need updated label file for the new polo, anyway that sounds like long coding mate, you click long coding helper then tick boxes for whatever feature you want to enable, show me a screen dump please then maybe can advise properly.

Joey has genuine latest vcds anyway, Joey what version you using mate, you tried latest 11.2 beta as maybe you need updated label file for the new polo, anyway that sounds like long coding mate, you click long coding helper then tick boxes for whatever feature you want to enable, show me a screen dump please then maybe can advise properly.

Aha! That may be it Nige, I'm still running 10.6! lol I will update it when I get a chance.

Cheers.