vag.com not scanning

scrappydoo

Reaction score
hi, took my car up to the tt shop in bedford today for a diagnosic check on there vag.com to find out why my esp light is on, the first thing he said was the comms port should be under the ash tray area but mine is under the steering wheel is this right can you guys let me know where yours are.
As the title says he had troble with it not scaning any ports the lead he was using was the usb type after 1/2 hour i left him totally stumped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif he said he would look in to it as we where running short on time, have you guys had any thing like this bfore any advise would be good that i could pass on to him.

Who ever looked at your car sounds like an idiot and I wouldn't let them anywhere near my car if I was you.
Every TT has the port in the same place as yours.

I've tweaked/diag'ed what must be into the hundreds of TT and I've never had a problem.

The only thing I'd pass on to him is "Leave my car alone. I'll get it done by someone who's got a clue".

p.s. Where in Herts are you? If you're interested I'll be in Chelmsford next week for an Audi meet with my VAG-COM.

Hi Scotty, sorry mate ive got a S3 should of put that in the thread. The reason i went to the tt shop was i saw them in this months issue of audi driver as they tuned the 340 bhp tt so i thought they should be fairly clued up, the reason i left was they where busy and i only went in for a diagnostic check which should of took 15 mins.

Im in stevenage id love to come but im going skiing next week
but if your around the week after id sooner pay you if you fancey a crack at it.

cheer darren

Will defo meet up when i come back will drop you e mail cheers mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

hi scotty is there any meets soon so we can meet up? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'll be at the TT-Forum.co.uk meet on the 16th near Kneesworth and the Tyresmoke.net meet on the 17th in Chelmsford.

Since they're back to back I may not end up doing both. Let me know which one suits you and then I'll definately go to that one.

Please let me know if you change your mind about going though as I've been "stood up" three times in the last fews months and it does /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off when I'm offering to do people a favour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hi the kneesworth sounds good to me is that kneesworth just outside royston?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif