Auto Window Closure 8L ??

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
I've found about a million threads (maybe a slight exaggeration...lol) related to the enabling the auto window closure in vag-com they all seem to suggest using the forum search and not actually how to do it :(

I found one threat that said something like going into comfort system and then it talked about adding bite’s but i cant see anywhere to add anything :(

Can this be done on the 8L ?

you want auto close ?
on the key or window switch ?

Sorry i should have said.

I meant when you lock the doors with the key fob, all you need to do is hold the button until the windows start to move and you can let go of the button and the windows still close.

That vehicle should use a 35-Central Locking module and Comfort Closing via Remote Control may be possible. Post the Auto-Scan and the model year.

Edit, after reading that again it sounds like comfort closing is already activated, so you will need to hold the button until the windows are done opening or closing.

Last edited:
That vehicle should use a 35-Central Locking module and Comfort Closing via Remote Control may be possible. Post the Auto-Scan and the model year.

Edit, after reading that again it sounds like comfort closing is already activated, so you will need to hold the button until the windows are done opening or closing.

Thanks for the reply ;-)

Yes it does use 35 (not 46 like a lot of guides say).

Its a 2001 A3 1.8T Sport.

The standard setting is like you say, you keep your finger on the fobs lock button and it closes the windows, but as soon as you let go of the button the windows stop going up.

What I'm trying to do (as many say they have done) is make it so that all i would need to do is keep my finger on the lock button until the windows start to move then take my finger (or should that be thumb...lol) off and the windows will still keep going up.

Thanks again

I keep seeing people talking about blocks and bites but All i see in vag is channels and groups :confused:

Thanks for the reply ;-)

Yes it does use 35 (not 46 like a lot of guides say).

Its a 2001 A3 1.8T Sport.

The standard setting is like you say, you keep your finger on the fobs lock button and it closes the windows, but as soon as you let go of the button the windows stop going up.

What I'm trying to do (as many say they have done) is make it so that all i would need to do is keep my finger on the lock button until the windows start to move then take my finger (or should that be thumb...lol) off and the windows will still keep going up.

Thanks again

That's how it works mate, although I would be interested if you manage to find a way in which they continue going up without holding it.

The mentioned vehicles are (8P) CAN bus as per the platform chart breakdown:
Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Audi A3 Applications

Your vehicle does not use Long Coding so Bytes/Bits don't apply. The coding for these older platforms was a simple addition/subtraction of the total sum of numbers to get a final coding.

This is (basically) similar to the diagnostic difference between my (1J/9M) Mk4 2002 Gti and the (1K/AJ) Mk6 2010 Gti.

Thanks again for your reply :)

Does that mean there is a different way of doing it or cant it be done with the 8L ?

Can't be done and this is a limitation of the vehicle, not the scan tool (i.e. VCDS)

Can't be done and this is a limitation of the vehicle, not the scan tool (i.e. VCDS)

Ok thanks mate :(

Does that mean that vag is only good on this car for reading fault codes and not for doing any “tweaks”?