Battery Coding Assistant?

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
OK, need some help here with this, I have a genuine VCDS cable as supplied from NHN.

Problem is with a '55'plate A6(C6) 3.0 TDI which keeps draining it's battery, so after a quick search, I have come accross the thread below.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a6-s6-allroad-forum-c5-c6-chassis/86391-a6-avant-battery.html

Within the thread is the link below,

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Recode

Now the owner of the vehicle had left the country for a month and the battery dies during that time, so he jump started the car and the battery would just drain itself flat within 24hrs. The battery(a VARTA one) was diagnosed as faulty and he replaced it with an Exide one with a different amp rating to the one he replaced. So reading the thread above, I need to change the settings so the car recognises the battery, but following the rosstech link, I get to the battery coding window, but there's nothing I can change on it.

Is this a dealer only thing? failing that, I guess he could just buy another genuine Varta battery and it should be ok, but the Exide one would be wasted, which already cost him £100 odd.

[Select]
[61 - Battery Regulation]
[Coding - 07]
[Battery Coding Assistant]

* Enter the new Battery Part Number (10 or 11 digits).
* Enter the new Battery Serial Number (10 digits).
* Select the new Battery Vendor.

[OK]
[Do it!]
[Close Controller, Go Back - 06]

I can get to Coding-07 Nige, but it does not have a part where I can input the battery part/serial number and vendor. It has a drop down menu with options 0 and 1, which seems to be the Varta Battery(0) and something else(1). Which is why I'm thinking if it's a dealer only thing?

Show me some screen dumps please mate.

Shame as we could of learnt something from this mate doohhhh