Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: What do I buy

2nd Gear

Status

What do I buy

Hi all I currently own a a4 2.6 v6 quattro 1996 in the uk and think it could benefit from a fault code read as it's not running to great but do I buy the Autel maxiscan 405 from eBay as I don't have much cash or do I buy a lead from eBay and use the free version of vagcom what kind of things can I do with the free version apart from read codes can I tune ecu or anything like that to make the motor more responsive or maybe a little bit quicker. Thanks in advance for your advice

2. # ADS
    ADS

Ross-Tech, LLC

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by audiv6quattro View Post
    Hi all I currently own a a4 2.6 v6 quattro 1996 in the uk ...... or do I buy a lead from eBay and use the free version of vagcom? What kind of things can I do with the free version apart from read codes? Can I tune ecu or anything like that to make the motor more responsive or maybe a little bit quicker? Thanks in advance for your advice
    The free version of VCDS-Lite is very limited in what you can do. Clear codes - yes. No version of VCDS allows you to tune the engine ECU parameters to increase performance. VCDS is a diagnostic tool - not a tuning tool. For a better idea of what can be done, please view the function table on the Ross-Tech web site.

The Shareware version can be expanded to do many more things by buying a license for VCDS-Lite. Cost is $99 USD.
    -Bruce-
    Ross-Tech, LLC
    Bruce@Ross-Tech.com