Coding For A3 Sportback Led Rear Lights Retrofit

Stampie

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been given a set of LED rear lights for my 2006 A3 Sportback.
As found out from the info on here I ordered and have just received the Kufatec looms (Gr8 Service too!)

Someone from here that is local to me has kindly offered to help me out and has HEX-USB+CAN Vag-Com.
Does anyone know the coding that would need to be changed to eneble the LED sidelights??
I have never used the software before so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Met up with STampie on Saturday and coded up his lights OK, only slight issue we had was that the LED rings would flash 6 times (when you switched the ignition live) if we left the setting Byte 19 Bit 2 Cold Diagnosis rear active if we switched it off it didn't do it.

His instructions seemed to suggest that it should be active however ?

Regards,

Paul

That would be down to the fact they are led & not standard filament bulbs, the ignition switch is also doing checks down the circuits with the minimal of current to see if there is a path I believe, if it detects nothing then it throws a DIS warning, as led's require minimal current, the check current on ignition is enough to flicker them as you have experienced, kinda proves my point to another member that they are infact led's inside the rings using a prism to create the ring effect, not halogens, but alas he wouldnt listen.

That was my thoughts on the subject, the Central Electrics module must send a small pulse across each bulb to check the continuity, on the leds this give you the pulses when you power up.

Apart from that they do look good enabled.

Paul

Top job Paul - Once again can't say thank you enough for your help:anbet:

You've got my number if you need anything

:thumbsup:

No problem - thanks for the Beer :thumbsup:

You know where I am if you need anything else done.

So does that mean you have the choice of either putting up with your LED's doing 6 flashes each time, or disabling the bulb check function at the back?
What option do you go with Nigel? I know you've done a few in your time!

Nigel, I've been speaking to you about you coming and fitting me out with a set of these lights, but now I'm seriously considering buying the lights off you and also getting one of your leads and doing the coding myself. There's a few other things I want to enable, like come home lights and TPM, so it might be worth my while in the long run.

Disable cold diagnosis given they're led's & dont need the function turned on anyway, serves no purpose for led's imho.

Feel free to give me a shout mate whatever you'd like.

TPMS isnt a coding enable mainly, it requires wiring into the engine bay to abs controller, of which I can also do, maybe make a day of the job mate.

Reactions: danb986
I might have to take you up on that offer! I'll contact you about getting a quote for the job lot soon.
Looking at another car on Sunday morning, so fingers crossed. The last 2 I checked out showed mileages discrepancies sadly.

how do you code the rear lights on a audi a3 sportback
a step by step guide using vag com

Use the search option, all this info is readily available on the site already :)