EM TuningChris Nott
    S4 Cabriolet 04

Status

i want to buy this vag com vcds diagnostic tool with lead any reccomendations??

i have an s4 cab 04, i want to purchase this diagnostic tool so i can use it on my own car, anyone selling full kit or can reccomend someone or some shop?

thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st gear

Status
    pm NHN he sells the genuine kits and has lots of knowledge about them.

mike
    09 white black edition a3 2.0 tdi 😃
    99 silver apy s3 - revo stage 2 mapped - relentless downpipe + sports cat - cat back milltek - fmic - piper x panel filter - silicone tip - forge 007 - vmaxx coilys - andy mac stealth sub - wilwood 4pots and r32 discs - h &r spacers - bbs ch wheels or std gunmetal grey alloys

Loving the anonymity

Status
    Just bought mine from Gendan, can't fault them at all. Came next day and exactly as described.

1st Gear

Status
    same as above,first class service,got the hole kit delivered for 310.95,thats all leads,even pre obd cars and LT van round adaptor too,USB active extenstion cable,plastic box and a copy of the lastest software on a 1gb usb stick.

Neutral

Status
    I also got mine from Gendan - VCDS (VAG-COM) USB PC diagnostics package for VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda cars (1996-2010) - came next day with a VAT invoice in the pack; I simply cannot fault their service in any way and strongly recommend them.
    2003 A6 Allroad 2.5 Tdi

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes I apologise again to certain members above, at the time of requesting to purchase said item had a few things going on, illness being one of them, but all ok now & backup & running, I'm now able to continue to offer said cables if anyone needs.

Enjoy the new year.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    HI NHN,

I am looking to get VCDS set up but a bit confused about the options available.
    eg. 10 ebay cable and free VCDS lite software vs 250 cable and full latest software. Could I reset throttle body alligment on 2003 S3 with cheap cable and VCDS lite for example (first job i need to do!)

What cable / software combinations do you supply / recommend...The last thing i want to do is get something off e-bay which wastes time because it won't set up properly and then kills car followed by my laptop!

Cheers

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I cant really advise on ebay cables tbh as I've heard varied stories on them where they havnt worked, caused some issues on cars where they cant connect to modules & worked then didnt work, some have been lucky to get working no problem, but of course are limited by the software they are supplied with which can also be illegal & stop working depending on the version they bought.

Now of course there is the lite version which will allow a certain amount of use, but to have the peace of mind of knowing it will work everytime, which has for me without fail, is worth its weight in gold tbh & I havnt had 1 person comeback to me & complain about the product ever.

With the genuine product you get the warranty, latest software version & FOC updates going forward to date along with FOC support from RT themselves, which the cheapos dont offer.

I sell the genuine hex-can-usb version mate that is the best one available, as can be used on cars old & new across the VAG brands & can certainly do a TBA on an 8L as long as your car supports this function yes, as I did to my 8L S3 I had for 7 years, wished hadnt sold it now but alas lol.

PM me if I can be of help at all.

6th Gear

Status
    Do you sell the cheaper Micro-CAN version which I believe is all that's needed for the 8P?
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    No sorry, only hex-can-usb as it does all cars & was more worthwhile investment for 99% of the users.

6th Gear

Status
    Ah ok. I bought a Micro-CAN one a couple of years back as part of a group buy for only 120-odd but sold it as soon as I got it as I needed the money at the time. Really wish I hadn't sold it now.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Thats my whole point, you would pay 210 for a microcan now but for the extra small cost you could have the hex-can-usb version that works on all vag cars not chassis specific, main reason why I only offer the single type.

Coasting

Status
    Hi NHN,

Do you still sell hex-can-usb for 244?

Cheers

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes I do still sell them, but its now gone up because of the vat rise, its now approx 249.

1st Gear

Status
    So are these tools simple to operate ?
    Do you get a full instructions / guidance manual Nigel ?

Cheers Baz.

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Bigfish tuning remap, S-line half Leather heated seats, Bose sounds, Elec' fold in heated mirrors, tyre pressure monitors, Charcoal roof linning, Mfsw,phone prep, 18" Speedlines, Dual climate, total open/closure remote windows,L.e.d rear lights, Ch/Lh lights,puddle lights,Cruise Ctrl, Ambient Interior lighting, footwell lights & it's a Quattro......

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    I've not had even the most IT illiterate (by there own admission you understand not my judgement lol) comeback asking for help on how to use the software/cable.

There is a manual you can download yes, but in all honesty, 99.99% of users never use this as its fairly simple to use overall.

Ross-Tech, LLC

Status
    There is also an interactive manual on our web site that allows you to see the information the tool gives. To see what the differnt buttons do, click them and explore in the interactive manual.
    Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour

You can also watch this YouTube video we put together:
    Ross-Tech VCDS Sales Presentation - YouTube
    Last edited by bearthebruce; 4th February 2012 at 01:51.
    -Bruce-
    Ross-Tech, LLC
    Bruce@Ross-Tech.com

1st Gear

Status
    Am gonna av one like, are they simple to use or what ????

2.0 tdi 220 Quattro.....

Bigfish tuning remap, S-line half Leather heated seats, Bose sounds, Elec' fold in heated mirrors, tyre pressure monitors, Charcoal roof linning, Mfsw,phone prep, 18" Speedlines, Dual climate, total open/closure remote windows,L.e.d rear lights, Ch/Lh lights,puddle lights,Cruise Ctrl, Ambient Interior lighting, footwell lights & it's a Quattro......

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza1819 View Post
    Am gonna av one like, are they simple to use or what ????
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    I've not had even the most IT illiterate (by there own admission you understand not my judgement lol) comeback asking for help on how to use the software/cable.
    There is a manual you can download yes, but in all honesty, 99.99% of users never use this as its fairly simple to use overall.

As per my post mate

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Baza1819 View Post
    So are these tools simple to operate ?
    Do you get a full instructions / guidance manual Nigel ?

Cheers Baz.
    As Nigel has said, they are quite easy to learn how to get on with. Best thing to do is just have a play. All the controllers have their coding, and as long as you write down this code before you do anything, you can rectify any cock-ups by just putting in the original code. Better still, do a full scan of the vehicle, save it and then print off. Also, have a look at the RossTech Wiki, there is a great database of procedures for VCDS on there, including little features you can add to your car that it might not have at present.

First thing I did with mine was turn off that bl66dy seat belt chime thing.

Worth every penny.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

Ross-Tech, LLC

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gary3306 View Post
    As Nigel has said, they are quite easy to learn .....Better still, do a full scan of the vehicle, save it and then print off.
    See our Autoscan how to video: Videos - Ross-Tech Wiki
    Also, have a look at the RossTech Wiki, ......
    Ross-Tech Wiki: http://wiki.ross-tech.com

And see my earlier post about the online manual and other info to be found on our web site.

Thanks to Gary and Nigel for their posts.
    -Bruce-
    Ross-Tech, LLC
    Bruce@Ross-Tech.com

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    We only speak thy truth

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi NHN - Does this kit work with Macbook Pro's running XP through VM Ware fusion do you know?

Thanks

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes it will work in a virtual enviroment, obviously subject to you configuring vmware if need be for usb control, but afaik its automatic anyway, so you should be fine.

3rd Gear

Status
    Yes it will work in a virtual enviroment, obviously subject to you configuring vmware if need be for usb control, but afaik its automatic anyway, so you should be fine.
    Thanks - PM sent re cable