Parallels Desktop 6 and VCDS (on Mac)

icenutter

Reaction score
I've recently bought a genuine Hex+CAN lead, and can report that it works perfectly (as far as I can tell) on my Mac 10.6.5 Snow Leopard with Parallels Desktop 6 (Build 6.0.11822). No fiddling about with settings, it 'just worked.' Granted I haven't done any coding or logging, but a scan works ok.

The reason I'm posting this is; before I bought the cable I tried to find someone who had used VCDS with Parallels in vain. The Ross-Tech website also dissuades you from expecting anything except Windows working - but then they would say that :think:

Last edited:
That's a useful bit of info as I have a macbook on it's way and was wondering WTF i was going to do for VAG-Com/VCDS.

I was just going to use bootcamp and install an x86 OS to fix it.

Can also confirm coding works ive been using this setup for a while on my MBP again using OSX 10.6.5 and parallels only problem is crappy windows munches alot of my hard drive.

Just watch out for the usb allocation, as I know someone I sold too kept getting usb dropouts, (wasnt vcds or cable issue as windows worked 100%) cant recall if it was parallels or not or which version, but promising to hear this, thanks for letting us know.