Quick bit of advice needed.

SamiG

On Boost, ish.
Reaction score
Hi,

bit of a noob to VAGCOM and i honestly don't know a lot about it.

basically i was up at R-Tech on saturday with intentions of having my car remapped.

turns out its under boosting and ive been advised to get the MAF and MAP sensor changed then return once the problems are sorted.

Nick at R-Tech advised buying the cheapo ebay version of VAGCOM from ebay to log a few things to check that the car is running correct before taking it back up there.

My first question is 1. Is this the right thing i'm looking for: VAG COM USB DIAGNOSTIC CABLE 409.1 OBD2 II LEAD VAG-COM on eBay (end time 24-Dec-10 13:00:32 GMT)

And 2: Is this all i am going to need to be able to log required boost VS actual boost (i'm told this is what i need to be looking for)

Thanks for any help in advance :)

I bought one of those cables last time, to use on my Audi A3 and it would just keep coming up with a error saying something along the lines off ''cannot read controller'' It would keep trying over and over again and then give up.

My friend bought one recently too but a clear white one rather than blue, and in his Bora 1.9 it was the same story. Just wouldn't log any details whatsoever.

So i'd say forget even wasting the money on it!

I sell the genuine vcds aka vagcom, pm if interested.

Can't help on this one but I did read your other thread and just want to wish you luck with getting it all sorted mate

Best wishes

Chris

No they're not legit & RT are already acting legally against them.