Enable rear DRL on MY10 S3

JohnS3

Reaction score
Does anyone have a MY10 S3 or later with rear DRLs enabled? If so can you please post your long coding from your central electronics unit? Byte 18 contains the headlight info, I know a MY10 TT can have rear DRLs enabled by changing the UK default of hex 58 to hex 59.

This is my current coding hex 2B
Screenshot2010-10-26at162027.jpg

This was a simple change on older cars, you just switched from north American DRLs (front only) to Scandinavian DRLs (front & rear) with VCDS.

If any of the Ross Tech gurus are reading this perhaps you may know how to code this feature.

Thanks in advance.

;-) in case anyone else needs this answering - its 2C

Last edited:
John can you post up/email to me some screen dumps of the CE pages please, so I can see what the headlight stalk coding page looks like, as I was briefly advised there is a setting within the CE to tell it which stalk is fitted.

John can you post up/email to me some screen dumps of the CE pages please, so I can see what the headlight stalk coding page looks like, as I was briefly advised there is a setting within the CE to tell it which stalk is fitted.

I can do that tonight Nige. All the long coding stuff?

Byte 29, bit 6, "Momentary switch for high beam" Now you should be in business!!

Just had a look at this on my MY11 A3 with Xenons & LED DRLs and byte 18 is showing as 25. The helper shows this as being for an 8P1 !?!??! Anyone have any ideas?