01486 Audi A3. Can't turn light off

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
The A3 has been playing up on the brakes for ages now. I've not got round to pressure bleeding the system. I was using Vagcom earlier and told it to bleed the pump. The brakes are tons better now. So I know i need to bleed the system tomorrow now. There must've been some air in the pump.

But, whilst playing I managed to engage the system test.
So I now get:
01486 - System Function Test Activated 35-00
in my faults.
That is the only fault showing.

I've read up on how to turn it off.
It says standing still, press the brake firm and the light should go out. When I start the car the esp light isn't on. Just the ABS light. I press the brake and the esp light starts to flash. If i drive and brake for a abit, the esp goes out. I've tried the turning part of the setup and the abs light is still on.

Any ideas?

I did something like that on my 8P by accident using VCDS. I had to drive in circles at a certain speed one way & then another for the car too to complete a test of the systems lateral & longitudinal sensors.

Disconnect battery for 20 mins then see if reset itself.

Sometimes a module gets locked up, confused, removing the power allows it to power reset as such, make sure you have your radio pin to hand incase.

Certainly worth a try as I've known various modules to get confused as such.

Been out and disconnected it. Fingers crossed it'll fis the problem!
It has an aftermarket cd player thankfully.

I'll let you know!

Well, reconnected. Still doing the same. Took it out, tried doing circles and changing direction at low speed. No luck :(

The Mrs told me she went over a hard bump in the road the other day, hard enough to lose a centre cap. grrr. But it's actually reset it. Fantastic!

Thats weird. I hope A) the alloys not buckled B) you have to avoid any bumps in case is comes back on!!

Well thats got me aswell, I do wonder if the system function test is based on a distance at which point it disables, strange one, have to ask RT if they know.

I've been there with that test!!!! - you have to start the tests while the ABS light flashes when you 1st start the car up but RT says it cant be cancelled once started.

Quite ok Dana,
I did email vcds and ask for advice, but i bought my unit second hand. Is there a way i can reregister?

You would afaik have to pay the software license fee amount, I'm sure Dana or Bruce can confirm this for you mate.

NHN, you are correct. To receive tech support from Ross-Tech on a second hand purchase, you must pay for a license as the original license is not transferable from the original party to another. Tech support is only offered to licensed users. Please see the VCDS Used Dongle Registration

Last edited: