AH FabricationsBadger5
    5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status

air intake temp sensor

hi ther i wonder if you could help, the problem is when i accelerate and the boost kicks in, it is stuttering for about 1 second then it goes like it should do but it is happening everytime i accelerate, the car is a 2.5 v6 tdi quattro 180 with engine code ake. There is no smoke at all and the engine is smooth and just as it always has been.

i have had a scan with vag-com and this code was present

00523 - Intake Air Temp Sensor (G42)
    30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

is this the maf or something else?

i have tried disconnecting the maf and driving,could this code be a result of this do you think
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Well etka when you type in G42 takes me to MAF, but I'm not convinced, check connections to maf & also check the intake air route for any sensors & make sure plugged in ok.

If I find out if its maf for sure I'll post, but ask your local dealer if a techie can confirm what G42 is & where it is, ring parts department not service.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK