JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    5th Gear

Status

1.8T Engine types & results from a Re-map!?

Hi!

I'm looking into a Re-map. You seem to be very competatively priced and have good feedback.

My question is though, looking at various data i've trawled through via the internet etc the AMK engine and BAM engine are identical. Is the only difference the boost pressure upped a little to produce the 225Hp over the 210Hp for the AMK.?

Why then is it not possible to see better results from a mapped AMK as the horsepower gains are more taking into consideration the 15Hp extra that the BAM has ontop of the AMK. Are both engines capable of the 270 "ish" Hp remap??

So hypothetically in total the 225 would be capable of say 270Hp an increase of 45Hp.

The AMK hypothetically capable of the same 270Hp giving an increase of 60Hp.

Am i on the right lines here or am i totally off the mark???

G

2. # ADS
    ADS

Foot to the floor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    Hi!

I'm looking into a Re-map. You seem to be very competatively priced and have good feedback.

My question is though, looking at various data i've trawled through via the internet etc the AMK engine and BAM engine are identical. Is the only difference the boost pressure upped a little to produce the 225Hp over the 210Hp for the AMK.?

Why then is it not possible to see better results from a mapped AMK as the horsepower gains are more taking into consideration the 15Hp extra that the BAM has ontop of the AMK. Are both engines capable of the 270 "ish" Hp remap??

So hypothetically in total the 225 would be capable of say 270Hp an increase of 45Hp.

The AMK hypothetically capable of the same 270Hp giving an increase of 60Hp.

Am i on the right lines here or am i totally off the mark???

G
    Hi,

We dont quote lower mapped figures for the 210 compared to the 225.

There are some out there that do though, which I guess is why some confusion surrounds his matter.

Hope this is of some help.

Kind regards
    Morgan

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks for that.

Morgan, can you optimistically say that you'd be able to acheive the 270Hp on my AMK??

It has just had a new VVTI unit, chain, chain tensioner, cambelt, tensioners, water and oil pumps etc etc. So it does run very nicely.

Thanks

G

Foot to the floor

Status
    Hi,

Unfortunately it’s near impossible to advise in advance if your S3 would reach the higher end of the scale in possible gains, this is because the actual gains achievable will be reliant to an extent on the age/wear of the individual vehicles engine/turbo.

What I can say is we will aim to get the best possible safe improvement for your S3, & we always do our best with what we are given to work with.

Kind regards
    Morgan