1.6i to 2.0i A3

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
I am looking into boaring out my wheeney 1.6i to a 2.0i instead of a turbo conversion now. Seems prices are cheaper this route and more reliable.

What ya guys recon? - A3 2.0i !!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

how would u do that, wat engine would u put in it,

u gona n e sites

i have a 1.6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Depends, a remap will get you little BHP with a NA engine, as will a Cat Back Exhaust. Thats about it in the sutble engine mods department. BTW a Air filter will not do anything dramatic as usualy the standard filters ager good enough.

With me the Turbo route was too pricy, so I'm going with the re-bore option which will give my car plenty more BHP.

Depends on your budget.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, its not worth [censored] about with engine swaps, boring out .etc... its alot more cost effective to simply upgrade the car. if its mods youve done to the existing car which is stopping you, swap them back for standard and use them on the new one. Thing is with mods like this, you are looking at a SERIOUS hike in insurance even over just insuring the STANDARD version of a higher spec model, and also consider resale value... Nobody would want to buy a bored out 1.6 (2.0) and even then, it wont be as powerful as the higher models or it will be about the same.

Just my $0.02 worth!

Rich

Maybe your right - at the moment I'm concentrating on style mods as you know rich, Though I am getting my exhaust done Monday @ AMD

BYW I'm not intending to sell my car. SO resale isnt a issue.

My view is to forget the engine and instead maximise the use of the power you do have by sorting out handling and braking etc eg sports shocks & springs, and a brake upgrade and so on.

[ QUOTE ]
neversaydie said:
Maybe your right - at the moment I'm concentrating on style mods as you know rich, Though I am getting my exhaust done Monday @ AMD

BYW I'm not intending to sell my car. SO resale isnt a issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, f*ck boring it out! Whack a 1.8T in there, stick a big turbo on it, but after upgrading brakes, suspension, wheels .etc and get this thing moving! I, like you, am never selling my car... so f*ck resale! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich