EM TuningSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

General TDi Tuning

Just got my audi first Diesel ive ever bought! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]What is the tuning potential and what should i do to get more power! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I aint got a clue!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

A4 1.9Tdi (130) Quattro Avant 52 plate

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status

Re: General TDi Tuning

Ohh and im way up north at newcastle so where is the nearest tuner!!

imported_kris_tdi

remap, will give around the 160 bhp mark.

4th Gear

Status

i was told 190BHP and 260 lb/ft in a email from revotechnic are they any good

2nd Gear

Status

just get a tdi tuning box, resonable price and you can still use the stock programme

imported_nmb

[ QUOTE ]
    MCGOUGH_A4_ESTATE said:
    i was told 190BHP and 260 lb/ft in a email from revotechnic are they any good

[/ QUOTE ]

they are good and they have a dongle on the OBD port so that the car can run stock if needed.

4th Gear

Status

Cheers mate im gona go for them - ive seen that jabba sport are getting 194BHP and 303lb/ft but that could prove a bit unreliable!

what other mods do you reccomend before i get the chip!

Reverse Gear

Status

the 194&304 is subject to how accurate jabbas rollers are (which are probably a little leniant lol)

I haven't had it on independent rollers but what I would suggest is that you have a quick drive of one, I believe AMD have remapped diesels to drive before making up your mind [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also I don't think there's any other worthwhile mod for a TDI other than the custom remap... i'm looking into a CAI but can't find much info about them for diesels

imported_kris_tdi

[ QUOTE ]
    Sam Rigby said:
    the 194&304 is subject to how accurate jabbas rollers are (which are probably a little leniant lol)

I haven't had it on independent rollers but what I would suggest is that you have a quick drive of one, I believe AMD have remapped diesels to drive before making up your mind [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Also I don't think there's any other worthwhile mod for a TDI other than the custom remap... i'm looking into a CAI but can't find much info about them for diesels

[/ QUOTE ]

try a cone filter, ive just ordered one for mine, ill post results [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    other than that, bigger intercoolers, full exhaust. if you have the 1.9 you can use the 150 pd or 160 pd turbo.

4th Gear

Status

just let you know my mate just bought a dry, filter and the engine is much more tourquey and you can here turbo better! he is impressed on a 115bhp A4