4000 cs quattro engine swap

• Thread starter imported_SoVodka
  • Start date
I

imported_SoVodka

Hey my 4000cs has about 250k on it. It runs friggin great for the most part though. Hyrdolic lifters make noise but bah doesnt mean anything. But I am aware that the engine won't last forever and when it goes out id like to turn it into a project car or something. I've always wonderred how cool it would be to drop a bigger engine in it because the 5 cylinder in it now only puts out 115hp which is probably the worst part about the car. So i was just wondering what engines i should try to drop into it? Id like to put an 8 cylinder in it somehow or BIgger!?!? that would be rad? Any and all ideas appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SoVodka said:
Hey my 4000cs has about 250k on it. It runs friggin great for the most part though. Hyrdolic lifters make noise but bah doesnt mean anything. But I am aware that the engine won't last forever and when it goes out id like to turn it into a project car or something. I've always wonderred how cool it would be to drop a bigger engine in it because the 5 cylinder in it now only puts out 115hp which is probably the worst part about the car. So i was just wondering what engines i should try to drop into it? Id like to put an 8 cylinder in it somehow or BIgger!?!? that would be rad? Any and all ideas appreciated! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Best engine to drop in would be the sport quattro 2.2 10 or 20v turbo... There is an article in this months 'Audi Driver' about someone in the states who has done just this.

Rich

say i were to drop a bigger engine in like a v8 or something would i still be able to keep the all wheel drive or would the transmision not be compatible. ie too much torque or something liek that?