Sky InsuranceVolks Autos

Thread: dump valve

imported_stanA3turbo

dump valve

what dump valve can be used on 1.8 20v turbo engine? one that can be heard?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status

Re: dump valve

Recircluating dump valves should only be used with the 1.8Ts. Dump valves that dump boost to atmosphere will cause problems with the airflow metering. I replaced mine over the weekend with the oem bosch 710N, bit of a knuckle scraper to get off with the factory hose clips as its located well under the airbox. Expect raw knuckles and fingers if you do it yourself!!

imported_stanA3turbo

can you hear it or not! ive been told by a performance centre that a group a twin piston valve is the best to have

2nd Gear

Status

Right here we go, i brought a atmospheric dump valve for my a3 1.8t and it ran like a complete Piece of POO. any way after messing around for ages decided to call up bailey motorsport and ask for some help!! ( i had brought a twin piston dump valve) When i told bailey they laughed down the phone at me a told me that the A3 will not run with a dump valve fitted in place of the recirc valve, so they quoted me 140 FOR A DUMP VALVE THAT FITS IN TO THE COLD SIDE OF THE INTERCOOLER PIPE. and it works prefectly with no problems this is all thanks to a guy tha helped me out previously on a different thread. TRUST ME IT WORKS PERFECTLY
    CALL BAILEY MOTORSPORT!!!!

imported_stanA3turbo

have you got the number please!
    so does that dump valve make a noise or not and was it easy to fit. i was told at a performance car place to buy a twin piston group a dump valve. take it that, that is wrong

imported_dumpvalve

So that's an atmospheric dump valve AND a recirculating valve both in use, both in different points on the system?

Correct me if that's not what you're saying but I'm quite interested in knowing how this works.

Drew.

2nd Gear

Status

i dont know how it works properly myself but it does with no problems! call bailey motorsport on 01763 246660. i had tried other group A twin piston dump valves and NONE let the car run properly. it must be dumping the unrequired boosted pressure. as well as recirculating some through the recirc valve.

Speak to bailey and explain your concerns as i have found out they know what they are doing! this is there main head office number and they can give you the number of the local stockist to you. Good Luck and let me know how it goes.Yes the bailey one IS ATMOSPHERIC.

1st Gear

Status

2nd Gear

Status

yes you do i will post pictures as soo as i find out how to