Audi S4

• Thread starter imported_2Blacklines
  • Start date
I

imported_2Blacklines

As you can see from the post count, I'm new.

What I'd like to know is, has anyone tuned an S4 V8? What mods, and rough costs, I've only had the car a month, its superb, but would like to know more on what others have done. many thanks.

There are not too many options as it's a n/a engine and not turbo'ed.

I've gone for the AMD Stage 3 (remap, exhaust, cats, downpipes etc) and there's not a lot you can sensibly do after this. Some guys in the US are fitting induction kits such as Hyperflow but I haven't gone this route...yet.

If you want to go really silly AMD will fit a supercharger and get you to 550-600bhp (I think) but that is a lot of money.

The cheapest mod is to fill up with Optimax. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:

The cheapest mod is to fill up with Optimax. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard this debate on other forums. Does it 'really' make 'that' much difference. I don't think it does, but it would be interesting to see some comparisons, if they exist!!

It certainly made a difference on my TT (stage 2) and I have been recommended to use it due to the higher octane rating with my current state of tuning on the S4. I have a garage about 2 miles from where I live so it's no great hardship.

I know that quite a few guys with 3.2 TTs have said they've found no difference so have swapped to normal unleaded.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I use BP Ultimate most of the time, it somehow feels the 'right' thing to do........ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

When I had my EVO VI, which should have been run on super unleaded, I usually filled it with Standard 95 RON. It never caused any problems!!

No!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I should perhaps explain....I bought the car off a friend who was selling to replace it with a S4 cab (same colour etc, etc justa soft-top). He'd had the saloon already done so I bought it in this state of tune. He's now had the cab done as well.

I've not really driven to many standard S4's I had a test drive at my dealer and then had a thrash about in some Tiptronic ones at the Audi Driving experience. The sound is massively better and that on it's own is worth half the price of the mods. It's hard to really say as they both pull so smoothley you don't really notice the power until you either (a) look at the speedo) or (b) look in your mirror at the gap you've opened up.

Unfortunately your profile doesn't give a clue as to where you (hint, hint /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif). If you're in the south east we could possibly meet up to compare.