Clutch Problems and possible options

QuottroA4

Reaction score
I have recently my map tweeked to offer a little more performance as the quattro drivertrain does zap alot of the power making for a 'flatter' drive even when remapped.

Problem being is that the clutch has started slipping but only when given the beans from cold, however I suspect the clutch is quite worn and is responsible to some of the power loss I orignally thought was down to the quattro DT.

Now, Im under no illusion in relation to the clutch as I knew it was high when I bought the car which had a DTM chip fitted at only 14k - subsequently a new clucth and DMF was fitted at 62k. As you may see from my previous posts I promptly had the DTM chip removed as it had trashed the turbo by requesting 1.85 bar from a unit only designed to deliver 1.55 (hence the costly re-work) so I can only image what it has done to the clutch as the car is now on 115k. So the clucth does need replacing as I think if pushed, soon the clutch will start slippling under norm loads.

Question is, what clutch do I go for? I would like a SACHS uprated jobbie but I have been told that they don't do one for the AVF engine in quattro flavour...is this true? The other option would be to go for a LUK clutch and flywheel which I can get from ECP for around £420 all in compared to the sachs who are after around that for the DMF on its own!! My fear is that if I go for OEM spec,it will slip under the torque load generated from the new remap and if truth be told I want MORE power!

Can anyone give me any advice as I fear I am running out of time now! :/

Cheers guys :)