question about BT upgrade !!

outlaw

Reaction score
hi all, i have 1998 audi a3 1.8T agu engine code.it has an old style ECU which is narrowband (06A 906 018 AQ). so i have to use MAF.but i'm just curious about what is the WHP limit with MAF ? which turbo can be efficient with MAF ? i'm planing to get BW s362 or garrett's new turbo which is gt3788 for some huge power...i 've been using gt28rs with MAF for a long time and the car hit almost 330WHP , but i would like to upgrade it.what's your suggestion ? or i'm thinkin about to use standalone but this the second choice...i got all hardware parts but i just stucked about the software.i've been talking with the chiptuning companies like unitronic,revo,eurodyne etc.but they said they dont have any BT file for my old ecu.what do you guys prefer when modifing AGU ? any suggestions,opinions ? ..i hate that narrowband ecu
banghead.gif

thank you guys

Can you not upgrade to a flashable ECU?

TBH to get the best from your setup in the UK standalone is probaly where is at.

Probably retro fit a MAP sensor then and use that output for the ECU/Map on an Emerald ECU or similar
In the US you could prob get a file from the shelf for BT. Obviously your motor is built with better rods? i assume so, but have to ask !

intersted in your current mod's to your agu as thats what i've got, any chance of some pics?

after i finish my project i'l share them all but still got the remap problem...i've been talking with the chiptuning companies but they dont have any file for my current setup because of my stupid narrowband ecu.i just want to eliminte the maf and start to run without it.some guys converting their narrowband ecus to the wideband ecus but it's necessary to convert the wiring and the harness stuff :( i'm trying to pick some standalone ecu but i dont know which one is good.

speak to bill at badger5. he maybe able 2 offer advice