Over Boost

A3Quattro1985

Reaction score
I have a 1999 8L A3 Quattro sport 1.8 20vt 180bhp (ARQ engine i think) and i have had it remapped, the car was runnig fine until i changed the gearbox to a 6 speed box. But now when im driving every so often while accelerating the engine cuts out and the engine warning light comes on i have noticed that the car is boosting to 20 psi. i have plugged vagcom in and it is giving me an overboost error. i have put the standard diverter valve on as i thought it could be this but its still doing it.
Do i need to go back and get the remap looked at.
Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks
James
:blackrs4:

Remapped it. Probably that upgrade to 6 speed cause the problem.

The gearing will have NO effect on the boost...if you are overboosting and hitting limp, it's an unrelated fault.

any chance a vac hose got nipped during the gearbox swap?
Or a sensor left unplugged?

Are you running a standard N75?

Thanks i will check all hoses and sensors are ok and yes its still running the standard n75

I have just had the same problem on my A6 2.7T - same error code on VAG-COM too. turned out to be a cracked pipe from N75 to the steel splitter pipe to the DV'S (the V6 has 2 DV'S) hope this helps

Rick

I was also thinking N75 as this usually causes overboost issues from my recent dealings, careful though cause overboosting could have fairly expensive repurcussions as I'm now dealing with, not happy at all.

6000 posts, god I live on this sight.