Monster MotorsportEM Tuning
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767

    Late 2.8 Quattro tuning

    Hey, im looking at buying an A4 B5 2.8 Quattro sport, new to the Audi world im wondering wot these engines are like for tuning and wot gains to expect? Will do the usual with air filter, exhaust and chip, but is that my limit to keeping the budget low? Wont be supercharging or goin forced ind route.

    Also, excuse my lack of knowledge, but can the exhaust be made custom by anybody and wot happens with resonators etc that are in these type of cars, can they just be removed, if so are there benefits?

    Any info appreciated, cheers.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Broken Byzan's Avatar
    Photographic Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cardiff, United Kingdom
    Posts
    12,357

    My Social Networking

    Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    The 2.8 won't gain much, with those mods you will probably gain 10 bhp tops. Drivability will be better due to the chip though.

    Shame you are not going to supercharge her, there are some very nice kits available for these engines

  4. #3
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzan A4 View Post
    The 2.8 won't gain much, with those mods you will probably gain 10 bhp tops. Drivability will be better due to the chip though.

    Shame you are not going to supercharge her, there are some very nice kits available for these engines
    I know these wont be great gains primarily, but wot about cams, throttle bodies etc after the initial exhaust chip etc, these engines not really worth trying unless you look into turbo or supercharging? I know the 1.8 T is a more tunable unit to work with, reason im looking at the 2.8 is the noise, love the sound of them and was just hoping they would be worth spending a few quid to get some more power from it, around 250-300bhp mark! Have a Sierra Cosworth at the moment and its stage 3 tuned, over 300bhp, love the rush from the turbo when using it, but always wanted an RS4 and like most cant afford to run one at the moment, so the 2.8 would seem an affordable likeness for me.

  5. #4
    twostrokepower's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    131
    10-15 hp for the chip some claim more ,,10 hp for a custom exhaust is about right and 10-15 hp maybe from the sports cats 0 for the filter as standard good design can get a little bit from modding the maf sensor get rid of the wire mesh and round the sqaure corners off ,,,dont no of any cams ,,,nether had my car dyno,d but best gains was from cats i think
    Last edited by twostrokepower; 15th April 2009 at 17:55.

  6. #5
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by twostrokepower View Post
    10-15 hp for the chip some claim more ,,10 hp for a custom exhaust is about right and 10-15 hp maybe from the sports cats 0 for the filter as standard good design can get a little bit from modding the maf sensor get rid of the wire mesh and round the sqaure corners off ,,,dont no of any cams ,,,nether had my car dyno,d but best gains was from cats i think
    Wot about removing the cats completely, or is that a big no no? Does this apply to the 2.6 engine aswell i take it?

  7. #6
    twostrokepower's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    131
    you could remove the cats as long as no sensor after cats my 2.8 30v only got sensor before the cats you need to check ,,,you would get more from your engine and sounds a lot better if removed completly just a pain when it comes to mot as would need to pass or give the fella extra ! lol

  8. #7
    Foxmeister's Avatar
    Fired Up!
    Funky Pong Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunny Glesga!
    Posts
    1,767
    Quote Originally Posted by twostrokepower View Post
    you could remove the cats as long as no sensor after cats my 2.8 30v only got sensor before the cats you need to check ,,,you would get more from your engine and sounds a lot better if removed completly just a pain when it comes to mot as would need to pass or give the fella extra ! lol
    Already have that problem with the Cosworth! lol. Cheers for info mate

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO