Pulstar Pulse Plug any good?????

general rule is, if it seems too good it normaly is too good, very much doubt theyll be any different to just normal plugs

A recent rolloing road test in redline magazine showed that theses plugs gave no power increase what so ever, The uk importer (can't remember who) was present during the tests & although they tried differant plug gaps no additional power could be found.
Pulstar did claim that there plugs were only good for cars with under 300hp & the test car used was a 225 TT with aprox 270hp, they also claimed that they seen plus 10hp on a stock 1.8T 150 golf but couldn't expain the rolling road results.
Imo this is hardly a shocking result as while it is good practice to run a decent set of plugs they arn't going to produce any higher power readings.

Ewan

Hello
I was involved in the first uk tests with the 1st batch of of Pulstar plugs, The company testing the plus was Xspec motorsport consultants. The first test of the Plugs on was on our own AUM running an r-tech spec1 remap. Brand new Bosch super4 plugs where fitted to our AUM and tested 3 times on the rolling road and made avg of 164bhp at the wheels, A brand new set of pulstar where gapped fitted to our AUM which had been left for 40mins to cool down. 3 power runs back to back with the pulstar plugs gave a ave bhp of 171wbhp. A nice gain of 7bhp. The bosch plugs where refitted and retested and the result was a 8bhp drop in power. We have two rolling roads and the results where consistant on both dynos. Plus external data logging showed less timing pull with the Pulstar plugs.

When the testing was carried out for Redline at the powerstation rolling road, there was a major issues with heat soak and not enough time for cooling between runs. (The test was rushed by the rr op) Same issues with the K&N filter testing a few months back, too much heat soak gave lower readings and not enought time for cooling between power runs.

We are due to carry out another set of tests with these plugs towards the end of the month (july) We are due to test with a AUQ Skoda, AUM MK4, BAM 500bhp Polo, mk5 r32(with factoryt flat spot) C20xe astra, and 2 track 270bhp spec scoobies.
If there is anyone willing to take part and guinea pig there car and stand to watch the test, will get a free rolling road sessions on 2 rolling roads. Plus we are looking for another rolling road company to take part in independent tests. drop me a pm or email. It would be nice to have a totally stock AUM and another remaped AUM to take part in the testing.

I have see the gains of 7bhp/8bhp not 10-12bhp quoted in some mags. We did the fisrt tests around 10 months ago. I dont sell the plus so I am not bias towards them.

1.8t engines running me7.5 ecus will pull the ignition back quite a lot when poor or work plugs are used. I have seen power gains of 23bhp just from a new set of like for like plugs.

Nick
R-Tech Performance

Nice one Nick, keep us posted eh :icon_thumright:

Nick,
happy to let you try my edition 30 with revo stage 2, autotech pump, panel filter, turbo back blue flame system

Hello
I was involved in the first uk tests with the 1st batch of of Pulstar plugs, The company testing the plus was Xspec motorsport consultants. The first test of the Plugs on was on our own AUM running an r-tech spec1 remap. Brand new Bosch super4 plugs where fitted to our AUM and tested 3 times on the rolling road and made avg of 164bhp at the wheels, A brand new set of pulstar where gapped fitted to our AUM which had been left for 40mins to cool down. 3 power runs back to back with the pulstar plugs gave a ave bhp of 171wbhp. A nice gain of 7bhp. The bosch plugs where refitted and retested and the result was a 8bhp drop in power. We have two rolling roads and the results where consistant on both dynos. Plus external data logging showed less timing pull with the Pulstar plugs.

When the testing was carried out for Redline at the powerstation rolling road, there was a major issues with heat soak and not enough time for cooling between runs. (The test was rushed by the rr op) Same issues with the K&N filter testing a few months back, too much heat soak gave lower readings and not enought time for cooling between power runs.

We are due to carry out another set of tests with these plugs towards the end of the month (july) We are due to test with a AUQ Skoda, AUM MK4, BAM 500bhp Polo, mk5 r32(with factoryt flat spot) C20xe astra, and 2 track 270bhp spec scoobies.
If there is anyone willing to take part and guinea pig there car and stand to watch the test, will get a free rolling road sessions on 2 rolling roads. Plus we are looking for another rolling road company to take part in independent tests. drop me a pm or email. It would be nice to have a totally stock AUM and another remaped AUM to take part in the testing.

I have see the gains of 7bhp/8bhp not 10-12bhp quoted in some mags. We did the fisrt tests around 10 months ago. I dont sell the plus so I am not bias towards them.

1.8t engines running me7.5 ecus will pull the ignition back quite a lot when poor or work plugs are used. I have seen power gains of 23bhp just from a new set of like for like plugs.

Nick
R-Tech Performance

Here's a dyno run of a very late model Audi S4. This test is with new Bosch plugs vs. Pulstar BE1 plugs

184-YGW4thexpanded.jpg