Badger5EM Tuning

Thread: best BOV

Neutral

Status

best BOV

hello,
    could anyone shed some light on which blow off valve is best. I understand i require a recirculating one due to the vag engine. I have a 2ltr tfsi in my A3
    I would like one which is recirculating but if possible can still get the whoosh noise.
    I have seen a lot of people going towards Forge. So which make and model do i require?
    Anybody with pics or video clips with theirs on would be great.

Thanks David

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    anybody?

Just Looking

Status
    Dave you need to do some more research on the TFSi DV mate.

The TFSi doesn't use what you might consider a normal DV, it uses an electronic solenoid.

If you just want the Ch@v noise then as far as I know Forge are the only suppliers, they call it a spacer and that pretty much exactly what it is. It fits between the turbo casing and the valve I pictured above and all it does is make the noise.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMFSITA

If you want something aftermarket to overcome the common problem of the splitting DV, like the one above is, then again Forge are really the only people in the frame.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...roduct=FMFSITV

However something to be aware of is that VAG have just released a revised version of the OEM valve which is sub 30 and certainly worth a try.

Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Previous MY11 S3 Sportback Black Edition, S-Tronic, Ibis White.

Neutral

Status
    cheers thanks. I dont want the ch@v noise lol, but since its my first turboed car i want something if that makes sense. I would never give Audi such a bad representation with being ch@v. I have had a look at both of those DVs and will check out the one that VAG are selling too. I just need to hear the diffence between all three now

cheers David

Just Looking

Status
    The ones I pictured above don't make a noise. You only get noise if you buy it in the form of the Forge Spacer, and that's all it does.
    Stu.

A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, Quartz Grey, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara with Silver Stitching & Heating, Nav High, B & O, AMI, DAB, Parking Advanced & Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated Electric Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Neutral

Status
    but either will be stronger then the original plastic one?

Just Looking

Status
    There is only one option to the plastic one - Forge FMFSITV

There is, as I said above, the revised VAG one which is considerably cheaper.
    Stu.