AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Big Nuts Massive Spanners

Status

A6 2.7 Bi Turbo 1999

Hi, just bought my first audi, and was looking for some advice on a performance air filter, I dont want to go overboard with mods just looking for a little extra, tried k&n but could'nt find anything, can anyone give my any advice please?

Many Thanks
    Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

in the fast lane

Status
    Hi Chris,

don't take this the wrong way, but being as it's a nearly ten year old car my advise would be to make sure everything is 100%. The 2.7T engine is great when working well, but there are a few typical problems that they suffer from. I'm sure a search will tell you, but double check the following: vacuum hoses, divertor valves, boost pipes, MAF sensor, lambda probes, coolant temp sensor. A full service/check might just give you more than an airfilter. To be honest I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket one. A remap is the best point of call for increased performance on the 2.7T! I hope this helps.
    Kev

Revo Technik
    www.revotechnik.com

Big Nuts Massive Spanners

Status
    Thanks for the info, just booked it in for cambelt kit,full service also had a diagnostic check done and your right, I need a new bank 2 lambda sensor and there is a small air leak which they are going to locate when its in. Then they are going to clear the faults and retest later.

Thanks for the reply, very helpfull
    Chris

in the fast lane

Status
    No problem Chris,

I'd take a guess that you'll need to have the throttle body boot replacing. This is located at the front of the engine bay underneath the divertor valves, they have a tendancy to split on the underside (out of sight!)... it's highly likely this is where the leak is!

Audi's replacement part is actually revised as it was a comman problem, but the likes of Forge, SFS and Samco probably do replacments as well.

Could be worth them checking this first!
    Kev

Revo Technik
    www.revotechnik.com