my a3 remapped 207hp 340ftlb :D

audi_a3q

Reaction score
have to say i am really happy with my car after having it tuned by rcdevelopments euro so i wanted to share my results on here :D I had a stainless exhaust on it before and it was around 145hp. I took my car to these guys as they were highly recommended by a friend of mine.

My experience and research has shown that lots of people offer remaps/flashes but dont actually do any of the work, however i found these guys actually remap the car individually which was what i had wanted due to my custom parts, and when you go there you will see there is alot of high performance stuff being tuned which makes you feel a bit better about handing over the keys to your pride and joy

have been a member on a few forums but only reading and taking stuff in in the past, so finally i took the plunge :D.

what i did to my car,

a variation of VNT 17/22 hybrid
alard FMIC and pipework
full system

then the remap
DSCF1354.JPG

then the results :D

jasons%20audi%20a3%20fwp%20vs%20fwtq.jpg

and this was the before and after

jasons%20audi%20a3%20before%20and%20after.jpg

their website is www.rcdevelopmentseuro.com

You say you had a VNT 17/22 hybrid. Was this a Turbo Dynamics stage one or two turbo? I hope it was only a stage one turbo. Not to burst your bubble but 207bhp after fitting a hybrid is very low as 230 bhp should easily be reached with a stage 2 turbo or Allard VT2.

Stage 1 – MD374

Hi flow GT17 compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 200 - 220 BHP

Stage 2 – MD376

Hi flow 2275 spec compressor wheel, cnc machined compressor housing, 360 degree thrust bearing, cut back turbine blades, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified V.N.T. turbine housing, uprated turbine seals. Other ‘blueprinting’ modifications. APPROX 240-260 BHP

Stage 1 £925 plus VAT for new unit
Stage 2 £975 plus VAT for new unit

Thanks for your input :D

it was a stage 1 from what i know, and when i called to ask i was told the wheel had further cut backs, as this is why we hit the limit at his point, car physically would not flow anymore at this point. I am quite happy with it and to be honest, 210-230 hp can be as negligible as a different day on a different dyno, as they all read different.