Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Dealing with an OCD

Status

Engine cover removal?

Hi guys,i've got an S3 8P,and want to remove the engine cover. I've removed the intake hoses,pulled hard,and it won't budge! Am i missing something?

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    you will need to be very agressive. Felt like I was going to break mine, but got it off in the end. I put grease on mine when I re fitted it to save the pain next time. Just mak sure you pull with one hand either side of each mount to save the plastic being bent too much. Once you have one off the others are easier.......well a little bit ;-)
    2007 S3
    Phantom Black
    Bose upgrade

Dealing with an OCD

Status
    Thanks mate,i've done it. Following advice on the S3 forum....i warmed the engine first,as it softens the rubber mounts(slightly!!),then it's a firm tug on the right rear,then front right,(both pulling up) followed by pulling up and towards the front with the front left,being careful not to grip the front,as the plastic is weaker -use both hands at the side, and finally the rear left comes free much easier.

Thanks in particular to JohnnyC.

S3 Brilliant Red - 340bhp

Custom Code Phase 2 + PSS, Autotech pump, Hybrid Forge/ITG Maxogen CAI /Reflactagold, Sprint Booster, Forge Quickshift, Forge DV, Denso Iridium sparks, PCV mod/oil catch can, R8 oil filler cap, Sachs performance clutch,Exhausts UK custom stainless TBE, Braille no-weight battery,PIAA mirror white DRL's,exterior + interior leds, AndyMac's Sub upgrade, H&R springs, VMR VB3 18x8.5 gunmetal alloys wearing BF Goodrich G-force 235/40