Which re-map for A3 2.0 TDI??

OllyjoyA3

A3 Audi S-Line
Reaction score
I have recently got my A3 2.0 S-line with DSG and am loving it and am now thinking about getting a chip but would like a bit of guidance as to witch one to look at.

Any help plz?:think:

Thanks

oddly enough, when you get them chatting, many tuners seem to consider many other tuners work not very good! quite a few even said a few naughty words about their competitors work.

many say they alter this map and that map and yet x says z barely changes anything.

having had a few maps from a few tuners, i cant tell much between any of them at the basic remap level of 175-185hp

undoubtedly at the higher level of big turbos etc then some tuners may have considerably more experience where smoke limiter maps, egr dialout, torque limiters etc are going to become much more significant, but even then lots of people seem to have very strongly held views - i would never use A or B, but would use C or D but they never say why.

if you are worried about the warranty bit, then one of the sps or bluefin type modules can help to disguise/remove the remap for services, but you pay a premium for it and most companies offering these devices seem to have been in the business a long time, again with their devotees and critics.

as long as you keep away from the ridiculously cheap remap or dodgy traveling flashers with a clone tool and ebay files, i think it doesnt matter much

Personally i would settle for a plug-in module and wouldn't go wild on the power increase. From what i've been led to believe the DSG box isn't the strongest (i know two people who've had them replaced), and they're not cheap!

I've got identical car, also still under warranty. I went for Bluefin and have done 12k since with absolutely no problems. I drive from UK to Germany each week and don't exactly hang about. I do find that using the paddles seems a bit severe on the DSG (slightly jerky) when driving v. "aggressively" and under those conditions use kick-down instead which is completely smooth. I note bigdom71's comment about the DSG and wish I hadn't spotted that!!! However, Superchips do give what appears to be a comprehensive warranty that if a mechanical failure is caused by their product and VAG refuse to pay then their insurance covers it, but have no experience as to whether anybody has had to claim. As official VAG tuning company, Superchips seem to have a good reputation and know what they are doing and I am happy (so far)

To be honest alot of the standard level 1 maps provide the same amount of power, you cant stick heeps of power on these given its a dsg it would totally screw the system, correct me if I'm wrong but the 40bhp extra is the safest for component wear & this is what AMD, Revo & most others do on there base maps, warranty wise Dunk is right, maybe a Revo SPS dongle or Bluefin would be better so you can switch to stock/valet mode so its not seen, but to be honest I've not heard many people complain about the maps effecting warranty, I used to use revo all the time & I had the sps dongle, never once switched it of when audi did any work I ever used them for, its never been a problem for me, but its same with every car, it depends how you drive the car at the end of the day, if you constantly thrash it around then common sense prevails it will go wrong quicker, which is why my S3 was almost faultless, I used power when needed but didnt bang it around everywhere.

I think 3 I know of AMD, Revo & also Jabba are well respected on here, depends where you live.

I have a '08 S Line 140bhp which I have had mapped.

10k miles so far and no issues.

I've had loads of cars mapped in the past and to compare maps based on 'peak' power is totally wrong.

Power delivery and power through the rpm range is of much more importance. Where is the peak power and torque? Does the torque drop off or does it hold?

A Revo remap is vastly difference compared to an AMD one. One has a big torque delivery followed by a rapidly falling power delivery as rpm's increase. The other has a smoother and more progressive power delivery with a continual wave of torque.

The map which gives the more continual wave of torque is the one that's better to drive and quicker on the road.