standard dv diaphram valve

Banwell

previously LeeS3
Reaction score
well I am think of experimenting with the cheapo bosch unit, but having a AMD viper dv am I going to be ble to directly replace the unit or am i going to need new clips etc?

What kind of problems can I expect, all comments welcome, oh and if it goes well viper dv for sale?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Dude, if you haven't replaced the Audi clips, then your best bet is to get some replacement hose clamps. I had a bitch of a time getting the std clips off, and IIRC they aren't made to be re-usable /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Other than that, it's a straight swap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

so how can you clean/ service them? Is it just a strip down, polish insides reassemble and grease?

strip, clean, replace o rings, grease, and reassemble, also replacing the lids screws with new ones provided.

Sorry, that should have been:-

Does the AMD Viper have o rings? I thought they needed replacing in the forge 007. Isn't the AMD similiar in design to the forge 006? Therefore only need as good clean down, reassemble & grease?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

the Viper has the 2 O-rings spaced out more than the 006 to prevent seizing.

Sorry, I assumed id mentioned it in this thread, obviously it was another...

I run the Amd Viper.

viper acually has 3 o rings

1 for lid seal

1 on inside of body

and

1 on piston body itself.

and yes you can get a service kit for the AmD viper.

it looks like this...

I just had my AMD DV replaced with a standard Bosch valve and didnt need to replace any clips.

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
how much was the kit

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike , just give Ed or Craig @ Amd a bell , im sure they will sort you out.

£5 plus postage

Managed to get a n710 from dealer today, fella said £32.80 - which I thought was steep. Anyway he charged me £22.80, his mistake & my delight!