breather pipe part problem

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Just thought I'd throw this one out there as my local audi dealer in Northampton are having a few issues locating a part... Have an 01 facelift S3 and part of my breather pipe has split (temp repaired for now).. Popped off 2 hours after my revo remap which has now been turned off until it's fixed...

Tube is located under the manifold.. An Audi mechanic looked under the bonnet and the part number on it that he wrote down doesn't exist LOL! The closest one was nothing like it, bizzare! It's basically a long tube with a T bracket in the middle of it, may just try and source some piping but the original O/E part would be nice! Anyone else had this dilemma? There currently looking into...

Cheers

Dude check out http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/au/A3/2002/209/49/2562704/:

103850.png

It may be an oil breather hose; two of mine went 13a 06A103221AC and 9a 06A103213AK. 9a was located under the manifold going up to 13a and had split at the end - it had 3 screw tabs but no T bracket. Only one I can see is 5 06A103247 a valve housing

That looks exactly what I need, Im faxing that over to audi as the schemetatic they had looked nothing like that! THANKS!

I think the T piece im reffering to is 5, but yes the tip of 9 seems to off plit on mine or 9a... They both seem to connect to 8 which is confusing!

Cool hopefully they should sort it for you.

Yeah the schematic shows the options for various engines, 9a is for a BAM engine 9 is for AGU etc, so gives you the options - get yourself registered on vagcat.com and trawl through there it is useful and has all the part numbers you may need.

Right ordered, my engine code is AMK BUT the dealer said the right breather hose was part no 06A103213AK... BUT the vagcat says the AMK version of the part is 06A103213T.. so no im thinking the dealer has ordered the wrong part! But he was ademate it was correct!

Hmm, the part is 9a on both accounts but with different code endings T & AK. Mine was AK for a BAM engine; all I know is that some times they have revisions of the same part sooo the AK could be a later revision than the T.....

All I would say is that once you get it; do not take it out of the wrapper, get the old one off and then compare and make sure - should take about 5 mins to get it off.

Oh by the way the clip underneath the manifold is one of those Audi throwaway ones, so have a couple of jubliee 10 clips handy to use at both ends.

Arrr ok that may make sense as yours according to the sheet should of only fitted to AUQ ARX ARY and AUM not your BAM so I'll leave it be then...

Yes never thought of that could be a revised part! Cool thanks for the advise, will let you know how it goes!

Just re-read and the AK is the correct part for your AMK engine.

(9A)06A103213AK

breather tube
/ AMK,BAM

it is the way it is laid out that confuses; the T is for a AUL engine

(9A)06A103213T

breather tube
/ AUL

You have to look at the line colours to match em up :readit:

Arrrrrrrrrrr I got you! How confusing is that, yes so it is right!!!!! That was confusing!!!!